SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lambsear12

Coming out of lurker-dom

12 years ago

Someone had said, that if you have been lurking for 6 months, you are not a newbie-but a friend. So here I am working on overcoming my lurker habits. (I had to re-do my log-in, but have been around for a few years)

I started on the gardening boards (vegetable gardening, winter gardening, landscaping design) then one day someone popped in and said "hey everyone! Come over to the Kitchen Table and pull up a chair!"- and I have been here since. (sitting rather quietly :))

I'm from LI, NY- DH & I are avid DIYers. We have renovated the second floor of our home and are still working on the first floor. It is time to order the kitchen but we have lost alot of our forward momentum since DH started working nights (not enough seniority to work days).

As for family, it is really just DH & I. I have a step son, but he does not live with us or communicate much unless he needs something. He does talk to his father occasionally which is good. We don't have a dog since Quincy passed a few years ago (golden retriever). DH was the "chosen human" and he took the loss hard. So far we have a stray cat that I am working on friendship and communication (my post -Can't understand the Cat)

DH & I both love the out doors. When we were courting we used to go camping frequently. We have a dream to eventually move to a rural area, someplace with a view and less neighbors, congestion and noise. The grass always seems greener on the other side. :)

Comments (27)