SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bee0hio

Cantaloupe recall

bee0hio
12 years ago

Have you heard about this?

They are contaminated with Listeria bacteria & apparently grown in Colorado & shipped to 17 states.

DH just called me & asked, "Where did that cantaloupe you bought the other day come from?" Me: I don't know. So I called WalMart & asked. Initially she said she didn't know, but as we were talking someone told her they had come from Colorado! She said to bring it back to the store. We have about 1/2 of it left & I ate most of it... dh only a little. It wasn't a very big lope, but was tasty. :(

Info re Listeria :

A person with listeriosis suffers high fever, muscle aches and sometimes gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea or diarrhea. If the infection spreads to the nervous system, it can cause symptoms such as headache, stiff neck, confusion, loss of balance or convulsions.

It takes 1-3 weeks, or more, for symptoms to manifest. It rarely is a serious concern for healthy children and adults, the CDC said, but can be dangerous for older adults or those with weakened immune systems. It can be treated with antibiotics. It has killed 13 people.

Just thought some might want to know.

Comments (16)