SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paula_pa

My poor gums

paula_pa
13 years ago

I had my teeth cleaned last week and the hygienist I seem to be permanently assigned to now is BRUTAL. I have never been afraid of going to the dentist, never minded getting my teeth cleaned, but I think at age 40, I finally got the fear!

It had only been 6 months since my last cleaning and I take pretty good care of my teeth but she gave them a wicked scraping, and at one point she couldn't quite get this one bit of tartar so she switched to this razor sharp instrument that had my mouth filled with blood by the time she was done.

Now a week later, I have the worst gum inflammation I can ever remember having.

It's a small practice but there is at least one other hygienist (who Nick was lucky to get), and maybe more. I can't think of a way to switch without insulting the brutal one, who's a very nice lady. She just happens to be the most torturous teeth cleaner I've ever come across.

Any tips for soothing my gums? Is that polishing necessary or just cosmetic? I have sensitive teeth and that part is getting to be as uncomfortable as the scraping. I'd like to skip it if it's not key to my dental health.

Comments (29)