SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonmcdade

My poor poor Baby

jonmcdade
11 years ago

Hi All,

Yes, I'm being a post hog, but I have so many questions and so much to learn!!! HHmmmm I thought I was an expert because I've kept my two av's alive for a couple years..... Well, now I know better.......

This gorgeous girl is another supermarket find. She is two years old. She is a big bloomer and very colorful. The freckles and dark band around the flowers edge is very striking and showy.

Recently I repotted her (in a much to big pot...urggg!!) When I did, I broke off many of her leaves....double uurrghh!!1

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu184/jonmcdade/african%20violet/africanviolet136-Copy.jpg

I tried to embedd photos in this post but it didnt take.

So my question is two fold. First...Will new leaves grow in this empty spot, or only at the top? 2nd and here is the part where you all go eww!!! There is a white fuzz at the crown base. I think I read somewhere that it is actually an insect. I tried to treat it with a deluted alcohol solution I found on the web somewhere, but it did not work. Anyone know what the white stuff is and how to treat it? Anyone recognize the flower and know its name?

Regards

Jon

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH