SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

I've Been Busy- Hired a Cleaning Girl

jannie
13 years ago

My 22 YO college student lives at home and commutes to school. She has class 2 days a week, which leaves her 5 open days. She's been looking for a job. She asked me if I'd pay her $50 a week to clean house. I negotiated her down to $30. Hey, she's my own cild, she lives here rent-free and eats my food. She agreed to dust, vacuum or sweep alll floors, fully clean kitchen and bathrooms. (Maybe she should have been doing this already). She starts next week. To "prepare" for her, I've been doing tons of cleaning myself. Friday I did one bathroom and all floors mopped or vacuumed. Took Saturday off (I had dialysis, too washed out to work). Sunday I cleaned the whole kitchen except for the inside of the refrigerator. So she'll be starting out with a fairly clean house. Two rules: She does not enter my bedroom or throw out any of my belongings. In the past, she has "cleaned house" by disposing of my personal belongings, like pots and pans and books. I think it will be a win-win. I'll have a clean house and she'll have some spending money. Did I tell you she used my charge card to buy $175 worth of clothing last week ? And I gave her $20 for gas last night?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!