SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynic_gw

Had a visit this morning. It's that time of year.

cynic
12 years ago

Lately it's been so nice around here I've been trying to at least poke my head out for some fresh air if nothing else. Couple nights ago I sat outside for a couple hours and just enjoyed the solitude. No need for an air conditioner to be comfortable. Fresh, clean air. Listening to the crickets. Pondering the schedule. How can you *not* enjoy that?

This morning I was getting ready for work and I noticed the motion light was on. Didn't give it too much thought except possibilities of undesirables. So I opened the door, didn't see anyone. Stepped outside and was kicking a black walnut off the steps, stood there, looked around and next to the driveway stood one of my "deer friends". Nice big doe standing there saying hello. Asked her if she was alone today - it's kind of unusual, but she apparently took offense (must be from out of state?) and moseyed off. Two more friends came walking up from the side of my garage where they were hidden. Tried to ask them what kind of a winter we'll have but they just walked off. I told them to have a good day and stop back anytime.

I do see deer often around here but moreso in the fall and early winter. When there's a calm, gentle snowfall, I can almost always count on seeing some deer. And they seem to like my yard about the best. Probably should get some Deer X-ing signs.

Comments (18)