SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abby221_gw

Lurkers come out where ever you are

abby221
15 years ago

I thought it would be fun to count all the lurkers on this site. I have been here forever.

Sheri/CA

Comments (57)

• pris
    15 years ago

Mostly a lurker here too. I thought I would be able to post more when I semi-retired this May, but, I only have dial-up available at home. You've no idea how irritating the lack of speed is when I had high speed available at work. Now I only lurk and/or post while at work. Just remember that my thoughts and prayers are always there for anyone who needs them.

Pris

• matti5
    15 years ago

I'm a daily lurker and have posted a few times. I sort of felt the way Gayle did and thought I was intruding, but now feel a little more comfortable.

Even though I do not post often, I always add my thoughts and prayers to those in need.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face every morning :)

Cheryl

• Related Discussions

Lurker coming out with totem pictures again

Q

Comments (5)
    Dear Midnite Crafter I took had trouble posting pics via Flickr, but with the help of my 10 year old granddaughter I opened an account with www.PhotoBucket.com. I was able to post pics easily then. Good Luck Craftylady sent me this link. Here is a link that might be useful: Posting Pics with Photobucket Good Luck can't wait to see pics!!! Sylvia
    ...See More

Lurker coming out of the closet

Q

Comments (25)
    You won't believe how easy the bottle was...after getting all the glue from the lable off I etched it with Armour Etch (got it at Michael's) make sure the bottle is dry then run a string of 20-35 Christmas lights in through the mouth of it...cut apart silk flower picks from the local craft store to be able to make your own floral design arrange them to hide the cord coming out the back and add a bow (mine was raffia)....that is it...Hope that helps Marlene 2008
    ...See More

leaves haven't ever come out

Q

Comments (12)
    Masahiro, DON'T GIVE UP!!!!! I had a dwarf Singapore Pink cutting that I tried to root for a long time. When I thought it was a goner, I pulled it and the bottom was rotting. To get to white wood I had to cut it back so much I wound up with two small cuttings and one very tiny (1.5") tip. I just stuck them in shallow soil and misted them occasionally. Both large pieces rooted and, strangely, the little piece rooted first!! I now have three plants. As advised by mystwitch, get the cutting into the sun on a hard surface. I have begun using about an inch of potting soil in the bottom of a black plastic pot, then putting in the cutting (with rooting hormone on the bottom and let the cutting rest against the side of the pot), then putting about another inch or so of potting soil in the pot. Water it to get it damp, then mist the top of the cutting every day or two. Lightly dampen the soil if it gets dry. This has worked better for me than potting the cutting in 4-5 inches of soil. Good Luck Mike
    ...See More

new: obf - november swap - curl up with a good book!

Q

Comments (75)
    I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I received my wonderful package from Margo. The author was Fern Michaels and the book is The Nosy Neighbor. It sounds like exactly my kind of book! I just finished a Fern Michael's book called Christmas at Timberwoods. It's good if anyone is looking for a Christmas suspense story. I have only read a few of her books and not the one Margo sent. I got up with a very sore back today so it sounds like a good day to read. Margo also sent some seeds, a card, a bookmark with information about hummingbirds, a notepad with my initial, a pretty bracelet that she made, and a pop up vase with a greeting card. Thanks so much, Margo! Here's where we are with our swap. Mellen posted and I'm sure her swap will be received soon. hazelnutbunny: Sent (Mellen has received it.) mellen: flowergirl34: Sent (Rose has received it.) smitties: Sent (Jeanne has received it.) sandlapper_rose: Sent (Melissa has received it.) I had lots of fun with this swap and hope all who joined in did as well. Jeanne
    ...See More
  • MiMi
    15 years ago

I am a several times a day lurker. .I have posted a little bit. .but I love this forum. .Debbie from Oklahoma. .

• FlamingO in AR
    15 years ago

Hi, Lurkers!!! Don't be so shy, everyone is welcome here. I remember the first time I posted here, all those years ago, and I felt the same way, but everyone was very kind and didn't pull my chair out from under me when I started to sit! It was only LATER.... rofl.

Haffie, nice to see you again. Nectarine says "hi", too.

• jkayd_il5
    15 years ago

I lurk daily but feel or maybe felt like Gayle and Cheryl. After my birthday was remembered a couple weeks ago I feel a little more included. I will try to post a bit more.

• Silverdove
    15 years ago

I post once in a while, but I mostly just lurk.

Sometimes I'll have a response all typed out, then I'll decide that nobody would be interested in what I was going to post, and I delete it!

• Maura63
    15 years ago

I lurk daily and chime in once-in-a-while -- but have never felt like an "outsider" and am always made to feel welcome.

I click on just a few posts a day (that's all my schedule allows). Scanning the titles of threads gives me an instant "pulse" to what's happening in the world. Also, if a common question or thought pops into my head during the day, often I will "search" this forum and find a discussion about said question. So this forum in an invaluable reference tool; I often "clip" posts too.

I, too, add my thoughts and prayers to those in need - and admire those who request them.

I am not very social, by nature, which I think sometimes gets misinterpreted in the Real World as "snob", when I'm really just shy.

• nanny98
    15 years ago

I do all those things too! Been "lurking" often and posting rarely during the last 10 years. Mostly I don't feel like I have much to contribute, but I have been trying to contribute more this summer. I do love this board and all the folks who are on it....you all feel like friends and I really care about your lives. And when Spike sent me a birthday wish all those many years ago; I was truly flattered. And, I will continue to try to have more things to say!

• des_arc_ya_ya
    15 years ago

Glad to see you lurkers coming in out of the shadows! It's nice to see what you really look like. Man, you guys are DA BOMB! LOL

Just stick your head in every once in awhile and say "Hi', wouldya!?

• alaskachick
    15 years ago

I am another long time lurker. I love having coffee at the table and feel I "know" everyone! This special invite for lurkers to post gave me the courage to sign up and post!

• grammahony
    15 years ago

I felt that way too at first. I felt I was intruding in a long friendship here. Then I thought, what the heck, and jumped in. I started posting and felt very welcomed. I even attended a 'get together' at Dean and Sandy's in Iowa in 2005, just a few months after finding the KT. If I remember correctly, Wanda_IL told me about the KT while I was hanging out on the Bluebird Forum. She'd post her Bluebird photos there sometimes.
    I've killed my share of threads too, but it didn't slow me down. And I haven't been sent to Disneyland yet. LOL I did get warned by Spike way back when. That was on the Bluebird Forum though.
    Leslie

• teotiki
    15 years ago

Another lurker here.. for years not even sure how many. Like a few have said I have been already to post but then have second thoughts.. like no one knows me so who would be interested in MHO so haven't done so. Everyone seems so friendly and have a history with one another which makes me feel outside the circle. But it's nice to be counted in the lurkers.

Iris

• mduncan0614
    15 years ago

I've been lurking for a couple of years! Finally officially registered today!

• lindyluwho
    15 years ago

I think most of us felt like intruder before we began posting but just jump in and post. We DO want to see you here and ARE interested in your opinions. Don't worry about being a "thread stopper", it happens to all of us. All threads gotta stop somewhere.

Welcome to the table. Stick around and let us get to know you and sit anywhere you like except next to FlamingO. She will steal your brownies when you aren't looking. LOL!!!

Linda

• joyfulguy
    15 years ago

Welcome to all of you long-time (or short-term) lurkers!

Don't think your opinion counts?

We'd like to hear it ... often it adds to our store of knowledge. As many of you have said ... you've learned a lot here, just lurking. Think how much more interesting it would be with even 10% more additions!

So - as my kids often say, "Dad! ... You told me that *before*!".

If so ... just SOB (skip on by).

Two heads are better than one ... even if they are cabbage ...

... but don't tell me that a hundred heads of cabbage, lacking fresh air circulating ...

... soon smell to high heaven!

As for killing threads ... I think that, if you'll watch, you'll find that I'm darn near the champion in that field!

So, you other lurkers ...

... take the paper bags off of your heads!

Let us see the flash in your eyes ... and that beguiling smile of yours!

ole joyful

• scraphappy
    15 years ago

Ok, add me to the list. I've been on the GW since, I think, 2004, mostly on the Quilting Forum - love reading the posts on the KT, and sometimes post. I especially love looking at the pics on the "I'll Show You Mine, if You Show Me Yours" threads - some of those pics I've saved to use as desktops. Thank you all who post them!

• jean_mi_z5
    15 years ago

One more for the list. :-)
    I'm usually hanging out at the Computer Help or Garden Junk forums. I think I may have posted here a few times, but it's been ages. I keep trying the recipes that you all post..and I have to tell you...The sticky chicken is to die for....

I'm located in central lower Michigan and just loving the weather that we have been having the last few day.

• ronf_gw
    15 years ago

I know how many of you lurkers feel. When I first came across the kt about a year ago I thought these ladies wouldn't want some guy hanging around. Eventually I worked up the nerve to post. I started in with the picture of the day thread. Please join in. All are welcome.

Ron

• miripat
    15 years ago

Hi, all, another mostly lurker here. I usually don't post much because my life is pretty boring compared to most of you, but I enjoy reading about all of your escapades and such...
    M P

• loggerbaby123
    15 years ago

lurker here too lol. i used to post regularly under a different name, just had to change it to post because i couldnt remember my original user name and pw. lol old timers setting in! i read everyones posts everyday, from pets, marriges, losing loved ones, prayers, (which doesnt offend me) to cute pics of kids gk, kt meets, the funnies, the daily 3 question, and just basically everything about this site is wonderful. i too feel like im intruding kinda of. so i guess this will be a clean slate for me too. i just love all your stories and pictures, the dog. lol and the last one of baby brother holding baby..OMG they ...well it was definately original lol. well thanks for letting me ramble wen

• mcmann
    15 years ago

What a great thread and a wonderful welcome to all the lurkers. I've only been here for 2 years and it did take a little while before I felt comfortable posting. But everyone has been so friendly and they've made me feel at home. So I really hope all of you will join us more often, it makes for a livelier forum.

• lindyluwho
    15 years ago

Hi Loggerbaby123. I think maybe you were here before as Logger123 or something like that. How have you been. Don't be a stranger.

Linda

• summer_tx
    15 years ago

What a great idea Sheri! Thank you!

I've been a member of "the table" since 2001. Although, I feel more like a lurker these days because it seems I spend so much less time on the board than I used to.

It's a pleasure to see all of you come out of lurkdom and I hope you will do it more often. I plan on trying to participate more in the furture too and hope you will join me.

• donna_oh
    15 years ago

Hi to all of you!

Jean--where in Mi do you live? My son lives in Coldwater (thats about as central & low as you can go!) LOL

Donna (^_^)

• zayarayama
    15 years ago

Hello, I am a several times a day lurker. I have been lurking for quite some time, but have been a member for a little over a year. Sarah

• imn2crafts
    15 years ago

I am also a lurker and just do not know why. Sometimes it is because everyone seems to know everyone else and I do not want to rain on the Kitchen table( also that way in real time)
    I also have been just told I have T-2 diabetes so I have pretty much kept to myself...Deb

• Linda Wayman
    15 years ago

((((( Deb ))))) I'm sorry you are facing dianetes. I'm sorry to say, but I'm rather ignorant about the terrible disease and don't know one type from another. I do know it can be life threatening and my heart goes out to you. I hope yours is treatable.

I remember seeing you post before either here or somewhere. I used to do a lot of different crafts and your name caught my attention.

Welcome to all other lurkers. I hope more will at least stop by and say hello. It would be great if you decided to stop lurking and pull up a chair and visit.

Linda

• mikka_north
    15 years ago

I have been lurking once a week, once a month since life has been busy. The KT is such a warm, caring place, I always get a good feeling when I pop in and see what everyone is up to. Love pictures, love the support, just wish I had more time to stay and visit more

Oh and I can't tell you all how many things I have been taught by the knowledgable folks here at the KT

:o)
    Rosie

• girlsingardens
    15 years ago

Deb,

DH was diagnosed 2 months ago as type 2 diabetic. He was sick and not feeling well. Ended up that he had gallstones, an umbelical hernia and infected intestines, all on top of the diabetes. They told us that the diabetes came out because of the infection and stones.

To all the lurkers, welcome. I don't post as much as I would like to but also check in several times a day.

Stacie
    girlsingardens

• whitemountaingal
    15 years ago

Hi!
    Another long-time lurker here, since about '99-2000. Dial-up is so slow...used to post on crafting forum under different name (lost password).
    I enjoy all the posts, and add my prayers, best wishes, tears and giggles along with everyone else, even though no one knew! I'll try to stop by when time allows!

• sewfine
    15 years ago

Hi all,
    Have been a lurker for many years. I enjoy the posts 2-3 times a day just to find out what everyone is up to because I feel like I know most of you. I also spend time lurking on the quilting forum as well. Thanks for all the good laughs and entertainment!

Kaye
    Sewfine

• love2sew
    15 years ago

Thank you KTers for such a nice warm welcome to us Lurkers. My usual hangout is Quilting but I often stop by here. It is easy to see there are many longtime friendships here and your posts are really fun to read. I particularily like your pictures.

I live in Saskatchewan, Canada so I am always interested in what goes on in other parts of the country.
    Jean

• chattypatty49
    15 years ago

Hi everyone, I am a longtime lurker too, several times a day I check in to see what is going on.
    I love all the pics, and am always ready to try new recipes.
    I don't post often and lurk alot because I'm not very good at expressing how I feel, but I do send prayers and special thoughts daily and laugh and cry with everyone.
    This place is kind of like a second family to me.
    I spend most of my time alone and you guys are my special everyday company.
    Patty

• cheryl_down_under
    15 years ago

Hi, I'm another long-time lurker too! I check in almost every day and have been doing so for around 8 or 9 years. I enjoy reading the posts so much, but don't really feel that I have much to contribute to the KT, so I keep my thoughts to myself. Maybe one of these days I will become a regular contributor to the forum ...

• cheryl_ok
    15 years ago

Hi everyone, I too am a lurker. I use to lurk daily at the home decorating forum until I found the KT. I enjoy it daily and it is now the first place I come to in the morning. I have laughed and cried with many of you as I read your posts.
    I participated in the spring swap and found it very enjoyable and my partner and I chat about every day since! Thanks for inviting us to your table.

Cheryl

• bobbie56
    15 years ago

I have been here almost daily since the late 90's but just pop in once in awhile. I used to post more back then.

• smilin54
    15 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm a confirmed lurker as well. I originally started off in the crafts forum then went to renovation disasters and finally ended up here. I lurk daily, sometimes half a dozen times daily but post rarely. I enjoy watching everyone's achievements and the pictures of the kids and animals.

• lucinda_grow
    15 years ago

I've been lurking for a decade.Finally registered.LOL

• daisy__3
    15 years ago

Another lurker here....it is so fun to sit down with my morning coffee and catch up on the KT...never posted on KT but have on other threads mostly garden ones....
    So, Hello to all from Daisy__3!!

• jean_mi_z5
    15 years ago

Donna..guess I should have been more clear *LOL*... I live 5 miles from the geographical center of the lower peninsula...near the junction of US 27 and M46....60 miles north of Lansing...My Sister-in-law's family is from Coldwater area..we are having a beautiful day today...love this time of year....

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

I am a lurker here at the KT. I am a quilter and post on the Quilting forum but check the KT every day for the interesting posts here. It is usually late in the day and I am too tired to type.
    Linda OH

• donna_oh
    15 years ago

Thx Jean!! Was hoping you were closer to Coldwater-LOL

Donna (^_^)

• willsgram
    15 years ago

Here I am...another lurker! Like so many others, I check in first thing in the morning, then again on my lunch hour, and then sometimes late in the evening. Post once in a blue moon...maybe I'll do better in a few years, when I retire. I do feel like I know all of you and love keeping up with all the KT news. Thanks for the invitation to come out of the shadows.

• loggerbaby123
    15 years ago

hi linda, thanks for remembering, (now why couldnt i remember my user name lol) theres so many new people but ive tried following everyone and everything but the kt has just exploded, which is a good thing. lol im well hope everyone else is too. its going to take me a while to catch up on everything..i remember flamey with her pinnies and glenda with her peanut butter lol. ill post soon it was good to see everyone.

• JennaVaNowSC
    15 years ago

Hi everyone, i have been a lurker on GW for many years, mostly the decorating and organizing forums. Just recently discovered the KT, and like some others say, i felt like you all were such a family, that i would be intruding. seems like a really nice bunch of people here, and i would like to join you all if that is okay.
    oh and Donna, i lived in Battle Creek MI for five years, that is near Coldwater. Back home in VA now.

• Linda Wayman
    15 years ago

Jennava, of course it's okay to join. Just jump right in. If you've been lurking for any length of time you probably know something about some or all of us. I hope you will tell us a little bit ( or a lot ) about yourself. We love new people. It gives us an excuse to pass the chocolate around the table. :)

Linda

• evatx
    15 years ago

Howdy, everyone! I would love to meet the lady I met on the cruise ship last year. She was so nice and would be an asset to the site. If you're here, I'm waving to you. :)

• dutifuldeb
    15 years ago

Count me in on the Lurker stage. I use to belong here many moons ago and said something to upset Spike (he would never tell me what it was) I was left in the dark on that one, sent me to Disney, so I just never said another word. Read behind the curtain so to speak. I just find comfort and wisdom here so keep coming back to.......lurk. Thanks for all the wisdom I've gained, the beautiful pictures I've seen, the families I feel I've gotten to know and for getting to watch the kids grow up and the new babies coming...I'd like to belong again even tho sometimes I just have nothing to say.

Deb

• Linda Wayman
    15 years ago

Deb, I think there are several people here who made the return trip from Disney and as far as having nothing to say; well, don't say anything. Just be sure to say something when you do have something to say.
    Welcome to you and to all other lurkers.

Linda

• momcat2000
    15 years ago

I chime in if I have something to say but sometimes it feels strange if you post a question or a thought and you only get a couple of replies while other posts get twice the traffic....