SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, September 3, 2011

luckygardnr
12 years ago

Basic Frittata for Two

This much easier than an omelet but is just potatoes and eggs and cheese really. You could add all sorts of things to it, I think, but here is a basic version to get you started.

2 Tbs olive oil

1 potato, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced

1 1/2 tsps fresh basil, chopped (or marjoram, tarragon, rosemary or oregano)

1 clove garlic, minced

3-4 eggs, beaten

1/2 cup grated cheese (I used Cheddar)

salt and pepper to taste

Heat the oil and saute the sliced potatoes and onions a few minutes, stirring now and then but not constantly. You want everything cooked through, about 8 minutes, and for the potatoes to be a bit browned.

Stir in the garlic and basil (or whatever herb you�re using). Pour the eggs over the potatoes and onion, sprinkle the cheese on top and salt and pepper. Cover the pan and cook over medium low heat until set, about 10 minutes.

Slice the frittata onto a plate, then hold the pan over the top of the plate while you flip the plate upside down, so that the frittata ends up bottom side up in the pan. Return to the burner and cook a few minutes. Alternately, rather than flip it over you can slide the pan under a preheated broiler for 2-3 minutes until the top is lightly browned.

Let it sit a few minutes at least. Then slice and serve.

This is good at room temperature, so good for entertaining or for lunches the next day.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville