SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattico_gw

Guess what......my car broke down again today.

pattico_gw
15 years ago

Today was my go out to lunch day with my cousins....we had lunch at La Mesa's then went to a thrift store over in Omaha.

When I took the exit off the interstate my car was acting funny...I couldn't get it to go....my top speed was about 25 mph....I kept trying to give it some gas but it didn't do anything. The windows would not go down and the electric seats would not move. But the bell and whistles still worked and the air conditioner still worked.

I pulled into the thrift shop parking lot and shut it off...Went inside and decided to just enjoy myself with my cousins and call Denny when I was ready to leave.

When I stepped outside I stepped in a big wad of gum. Why do they spit it on the sidewalk???

Went out to my car to plug in my phone (it was out of juice)thank goodness that still worked.

I called Denny's cell phone (this was at 4:30) he didn't have it turned on....grrrrr

I called home...hoping he might be there..no answer. I called Jeff....no answer. I called my daughter Carri that lives in town...no answer. My cousins had left at my urging , telling them I would be okay.

I finally got ahold of Jeff at 20 mins. till 6:00

He had to pick up his girlfriend from work at 6:00 then they came over to where I was...but his little pick up is a two seater...and they had two of them plus a doberman in there.

When we finally got ahold of Denny and he got over there it was nearly 7:00.

At this time the car would no longer start either...

Something electrical I think...hoping something simple like a loose wire.

What a day...it was so hot out there with all that concrete.

Cross your fingers for me that I won't be without a car for a long time or that it won't be something expensive. Because if it is...I probably be sitting another winter without a car.

patti

Comments (9)