SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20023316

Very large picture of what I have been doing...sorry for lg.

User
12 years ago

Warning: Pictures are very large. I did not know how to make them smaller. Please, if your computer loads slow or you just despise large pictures scroll on by. If you would like to help me in the future and teach me how to make the pictures smaller I will welcome your help so very much! I hate posting large pictures too!! If you just want to bi^t^h at me about lg. pictures PLEASE scroll on by. Thanks so much, Thistledew.

Part of 60+ dozen ears of corn, creamed, blanced and left on cob, canned in soup. Yes, I did shuck most all of the corn. Husband helped me after working 12 hr. shifts but I did not ask for much help, as I knew he was tired.

My butt ugly tomato..this is one ugly tomato, it did not get canned, too sun burned. Now I am picking them when they get a "blush" to them and place them on my pourch to ripen. Works wonderfully. My son said it looked like a baboons butt. Well, he did.....:(

Some of my concord grapes that I made jelly. These did not make the cut, but were great eating, just the same.

I could not get all of it the pic unless I showed you all of my mess but it was alot more than you are seeing that I canned. I canned relishes, chow chow, soups, tomato juice, tomato sauce, whole tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, jams, jellies, bread and butter pickles, dill pickles, and probably a few things that I cannot remember. I have frozen corn, corn and more corn, okra, squash, butter beans, peas of different kinds...my husband just planted another crop of peas to harvest before fall hits, so I will be shelling again. My children will be coming in the fall and winter to pick up their share. I have filled 3 full size freezers and one half of an upright freezer. Do not even ask me why I do this..I just love to garden and put up things for winter. I guess I am just nuts!! Oh,talking nuts.. Our pecan trees will be coming in about late Sept./Oct. so we will have those to do, but I take them to a sheller. Easy! Just pick our the pecan meat and freeze. LOL

One of our large regular tomatoes...but this is not anything next to our mammoth tomato in the next photo!

3 lbs of tomato. It pulled and broke the tomato vine it was one plus pulled over my tomato basket. I guess I did not have the tomato basket in the ground firmly enough. I Picked and left all the tomatoes of the broken vine on the pourch to ripen..green or not, and they all ripen and are now in my jars either soup, stewed or whole. :)

Comments (24)