SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

I 've been bitten, I have a new Plant Crazies.

newyorkrita
13 years ago

I have the daylily crazies really badly. Plus I have had the rose crazies for even longer than the daylily crazies. I also maganged to catch the bulb lily crazies. Last year I stated on the iris crazies and that is going really strong this year. I am just loving the Tall Bearded Iris blooms that just started this spring.

I have discovered violas so have been buying more each time I see a new different one so I have a mild case of the viola crazies. Then I did buy 19 new clematis for the garden this spring but I don't think I have any crazies there LOL!

But the latest, and I deffinately have the crazies on this one, is Lupines. I have just flipped for them this spring. I bought the two locally, decided they were too beautiful to not have more of, so went back to the nursery and bought the eight more. By the time I planted them, I knew I was in love with another plant and had the crazies for sure.

The thing is they only sell them in this one nursery that I usually only go to once each spring. This year I have already been there three times.

So today I am setting out to plant the flat of cosmos for that little garden by the pond rock wall that I call the annual garden. I have daffs way in back then I planted groupings of lily bulbs in front of the daffs this spring. Always planned to keep the cosmos in front. Plus I figgured I would stick a cosmos plant betweeen each grouping of lilies. As I planted the first few the thought popped into my head that if I had lupines in small pots instead of the way I bought them locally in the gallon or larger pots, I could have stuck them in between the lilies instead. Ha, you know me, if I think of something I make it happen. So, I took those few cosmos out and stuck to the plan of planting in front. Went to the American Meadows Website and ordered the Gallery Mix Lupines. Those pots are smaller, I think they are 3-4 inch pots.

But while I was looking on line for lupines I stumbled up a site selling the GOVERNOR selection of Russel hybrid Lupines. It is a taller blue and white colored one. I flipped over the pictures. Ordered those also as I knew just the perfect spot. I decided to make ordering at this place really worthwhile and also ordered six of the Songbird Mix Columbines.

Now the thing that I think will be extra great is that the short new hybrids bloom about two weeks earlier than the Russels. So if you have both you can really extend your bloom time.

So no big deal to get bitten by a new plant crazies. I will just have to find room in the garden.

Comments (16)

Sponsored