SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
des_arc_ya_ya

Let's All Take a Turn at the Microphone......

des_arc_ya_ya
15 years ago

This post is a chance for everybody to just talk about whatever they'd like to. Feel free to comment on any, all, or none of the posts! LOL

I'll go first: Made a huge pot of soup today and a skillet of cornbread. It's cool and rainy here and it sure hit the spot! Have been going through CDs, cassettes and movies and getting rid of a bunch that we never use. Have a big sack ready to go to the thrift store so that maybe somebody else can enjoy them.

Would like to ask for special thoughts for my exSIL. She had a mammogram and an ultrasound last week and the dr. is almost totally sure that she has a malignancy and that's it been there awhile. She goes to see a surgeon on Monday. Her name is Michelle and I love her dearly. Please send up some healing thoughts for her. She's by herself and really has had a rough time of it the last several years. She and I were married to brothers (each of us for 20 years!) and we've always been close. In addition, she was the sister of a dear friend of mine that I lost a few years ago. (Small towns, what can I say!? LOL)

Next?

Comments (42)

• jen_tx
    15 years ago

Awwww, YaYa, special thoughts going up for Michelle. I know you are worried for her. Girl, you got a heart BIGGER than Texas, that's for sure.

Now, ladle me up a bowl of that soup.....it wasn't Campbell's was it? lol

My question: Did you put sugar in your cornbread?
    Cause technically, if you did, I call that cornCAKE. I like mine unsweet....DH likes that Jiffy kind.

• des_arc_ya_ya
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nope - no sugar and it's from scratch! Well, I didn't exactly grind the cornmeal or anything, you understand...LOL

• Related Discussions

What to do when kids won't take their turn?

Q

Comments (7)
    Here are some suggestions: First, think about encouraging the bigger kids to play at someone else's house more often. It's got to be hard for an 8-year-old with no one his own age to play with, when his older stepbrother gets to have people over every day. Since your son's friends are all in the neighborhood, it should be easy for him to go to their houses instead of everyone always coming to yours. Second, have a talk with your son (and, if you can manage it without your ss hearing, your son's friends) about trying to go easier on your ss. They're 4-5 years older than him: they're going to be faster and more coordinated than an 8-year-old. Tag, nerf guns, whatever-- they're almost always going to be better than he is. Part of being a good older brother/sister is learning to go easier on the littler ones. Since you say your son and his friends are all nice boys, they should be able to understand that and be accommodating. Third is to come up with things to keep your ss occupied while your son and his friends are playing. The older boys should include him sometimes, but they shouldn't have to include him all of the time. Give your ss things to do that he'll enjoy so that he isn't moping around and feeling left out. And fourth is-- like Sweeby said-- you and your husband should work on good sportsmanship with your ss. But don't be surprised if it takes awhile. It can be hard to develop the emotional maturity needed to handle losing. One last thing: have you considered introducing the boys to different kinds of games? Or encouraging them to invent their own? I was the oldest in a largeish family, and when we had a group of kids over and had to include the littler ones, we would sometimes do something like a scavenger/easter egg hunt with different objects hidden in the yard and house. If the kids do the hunt with partners, the younger kid feels included, his chances of being a winner are better (because the older partner can help a lot), and the younger one isn't alone in losing if they don't find enough of the hidden objects. Games that involve partners/teams and don't rely as heavily on physical/mental skill may help things go more smoothly.
    ...See More

sometimes life takes unexpected turns...

Q

Comments (24)
    Elyse, Your family has big hearts, so I know things will work out for you in the end - lotsa good KARMA headed your way! We also put our kitchen on hold to help a friend almost two years ago. In fact, we were halfway through ripping out the old one, when an old friend/co-worker of my husbands showed up in dire straits. We decided to take the kitchen money and finish out the space over our detached garage into a studio apartment for him and my husband hired him back at work. He stayed for 7 months, long enough to get his feet back under him and be able to afford to go out and rent his own apartment. So, in that respect, I guess we did what we set out to do, but in his case his depression and lack of willingness to take his medications or to take actions to improve his own conditions had us asking him to leave. We lived with that half torn out kitchen for just over a year...but, in the end, WE ENDED UP WITH A MUCH BETTER KITCHEN! When we tore out most of the old kitchen, we moved the refrigerator to the new location and we found out we HATED IT! OF course, it wasn't the built in version we have now, but I knew I couldn't live with it there! I could hear every ice cube drop all night long as it echoed down the hallway to the bedroom. Also, by moving the refrigerator, we moved the main sink and added the prep sink. We really love the kitchen we have now! Also, had we done the kitchen earlier, we wouldn't have gotten the cabinet finish we have (wasn't offered yet) and the GORGEOUS marble slabs we found just days after they were delivered to the slab yard. I think our good karma worked for us in many ways with the kitchen! And, I know it will work wonders for you! Best of luck to you!
    ...See More

All New: Let's Get to Know Eachother

Q

Comments (113)
    Hi - I am Renee, a transplanted Northerner now living in Central Florida. I first moved here after 9/11 and didn't think I would stay but I love it now - except for the hurricanes. I am 48 and single, have a wonderful BF and live with four kitties - Jack (orange and white tabby), Ernie (fat brown tabby), Lola (brown Maine Coon) and Kaci (black and white Maine Coon mix). I have recently taken up two fun hobbies. The first is raising Monarch butterflies. I just had another girl yesterday morning. I am mesmerized by the whole process. The second is geocaching. My love of rooting through thrift stores and garage sales makes me a natural at this form of treasure hunting.
    ...See More

Contingent taking a turn for falling through. Advice?

Q

Comments (9)
    We had a similar thing happen to us July of '14 selling our house in Highland Park. We also got hung up in attorney review, buyers tacked on a few things, most piddly and easily managed so we thought we were good to go. Then at the last minute they came up with something big - as in wanting $$ to replace the furnace and AC which were both old but fully functioning and maintained. Somehow they had come up with a $ amount based on nothing more than some online estimate they'd gotten. We offered to replace furnace only (at our cost since my husband is in construction) and they said no, they want the money based on the bogus estimate they got kicked back at closing. We said no deal and walked. I agree it's time for you to draw your line in the sand. What do I wish someone had told me? Draw the line sooner. They dragged us on for over a month.
    ...See More
  • Nita__AZ
    15 years ago

Special thoughts and prayers going out to Michelle.

Soup and cornbread sounds good, can you save me some? If so I will be over in about 3 days. lol

I had surgery yesterday on both feet and surprisingly I feel pretty good. Of course I am taking my pain pills every 4 hours. Had a bone spur removed from one foot and then had the bone that sticks out on the side of your foot (bunion) removed from both feet. Dr. said it was a piece of cake and I would be out of his funny shoes in 3 weeks. We shall see...

Having company (Ken) coming over for dinner tonight going to nuke some Lloyds ribs, rice and frozen carrots.

• trinitytx
    15 years ago

My sister has won this battle, it may be a tough year for her, but very well worth the fight. My heart goes out to her. Keep close to her, and give her strength.

Trin

• evatx
    15 years ago

I could just cry when I hear about another woman having to battle this! Please let Michelle know she's being thought of and prayed for.

• kim_still_in_pa
    15 years ago

Great idea for a post! I will try not to hog the microphone. Maybe I will just belt out a song. Nah...that might get me the hook.

Kim

• kim_still_in_pa
    15 years ago

I am such a slow typist that by the time I finished my post , five others were ahead of mine. I would not have left the post I did on the heels of the more serious ones who hit the post button before me.

Kim

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    15 years ago

"I'd just like to saw...(phew...phew)is the mike on?"

"Can you hear me now?" "Testing...1..2..3..4"

(Squawk: Everyone Screams as their ears are pierced.)

"HooooooDeee!"

"You Guys are so much fun and such caring and loving people. God bless you all"

Gayle

• Jodi_SoCal
    15 years ago

I seldom complain, especially about my life, but I feel like I'm falling apart. I just turned 55 in July and was feeling quite good then. Here it is exactly a month later and I have so many aches and pains and body parts that don't seem to be working properly that my doctor will be overwhelmed two minutes into my visit with him next Tuesday. sigh

I'd sing something but along with everything else, I keep losing my voice. :-(

Jodi-

• socks
    15 years ago

Awww, Jodi, that's too bad. I'm glad you'll be seeing a doctor.

• glenda_al
    15 years ago

bu ba buh buh!!! It's a Great Day in Alabama!
    Great hour of exercising, great lunch with dear friend, great nap, all in all a GREAT DAY IN ALABAMA!

And well wishes for all that are in need!

• des_arc_ya_ya
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My DM just called me and told me that my cousin, Dale, has cancer in one kidney and in the blood. He fought bladder cancer a few years ago and beat it.

Says this time he will not take treatments........(Shoot!)

He's about 10 years older than my DB, so he's about 74, but sure doesn't look like it. His sister is my oldest cousin and she's 85! Can you tell that my parents came from big families? LOL

• IndianaKat
    15 years ago

YaYa...so sad about Michelle...sounds like such a good friend and I'm sure she will appreciate your concern and compassion as she faces this battle. Cancer has also devastated my family and has certainly touched many good friends.....good news is that most of them have conquered theirs. Please pass my good thoughts along to Michelle. As for me....busy, busy,busy is the word around here lately. We're preparing for the return of the students at the college so its been hectic to put it mildly. Classes are to begin on the 27th and I think we might be ready for them...LOL. I wish I had some of that homemade soup and cornbread...we just had spaghetti (sauce from a jar too..not homemade)....too tired to put much effort into cooking. Got my zinnia beds cleared and tilled for something new next year....they didn't do so good this year...too dry, I guess. We need a rain and we're supposed to get some this week-end compliments of Fay. Grandson had his 8th birthday so we stuffed too much cake in our faces all weekend...just finished the rest of the cake yesterday....man it was so good!!!! Guess I better get up and do the dishes 'cause if I sit here any longer the dishes may still be there tomorrow...LOL. OK.....next....

~Kathy~

• dotmom
    15 years ago

I'll grab the mike next. Dottie from Minnesota here. I'm sorry for the trouble your friend is having, des arc ya ya. Prayers coming her way.
    Nita Az, Ohhhh, surgery on both feet! OUCH! Hope you heal real fast. It was so nice meeting you that day in St.Cloud.
    Jody in So Calif. I too am glad you are seeing the Dr.

It is starting the last third of August here in northern Minnesota and I've seen a few trees just starting to turn red. I tell you, autumn in our neck of the woods, is glorious. I love the fall of the year. I had friend who used to get so depressed in the fall because she knew winter was coming. I tried to convince her to just enjoy the pretty season, just for its self. Dottie

• summer_tx
    15 years ago

Prayers for Michelle and Dale, YaYa. I'm sorry for your friend and your cousin and am wishing them all the very best in care, treatments and healing.

Not much to announce at this end except we're home from dinner with friends and McCloud made me a tiny chocolate sundae and I'm enjoying every miniature bite so it will last. We have had 5 days of wonderful rain and cool temperatures. Life is good!

• alisande
    15 years ago

Jodi, I wonder if your aches and pains are fibromyalgia-related. I know that "I'm falling apart!" feeling well. I experienced it for the first time at 43, and now I look back and laugh at how not falling apart I was.

Things are a little subdued around here because a friend of my son's died on Sunday. He's been living in another state for a while. I feel so sorry for his family. Thirty years ago he was one of my La Leche League babies. He was a super guyÂsmart, funny, kind, and good looking. He drowned after his canoe capsized. No life vest. Such a simple thing . . .

• linda_in_iowa
    15 years ago

I an sorry so many of you have sad things to deal with. School starts next Monday at the University here and the students are moving in their dorms and apts. this week. Traffic is heavier. Starting Monday I will have to leave earlier for work. My hours will also change. This summer I have work 8-12 and starting next week it will be 9-1 so I can sleep an hour later.
    I bought a Bissell carpet shampooer today. Kohl's had them on sale and Wednesdays seniors get an additional 15% off. Now I have to clean my carpets on Saturday. Jake had diarrhea a couple of weeks ago and it left stains.
    I am getting fed up with not having much strength in my right arm. I know that nerves are slow to heal but patience has never been one of my virtues. It hasn't even been two months yet since I injured it.

• Toni S
    15 years ago

I'm tired, it's late and I'm feeling lazy right now.

Here is one giant group hug for everyone whether you need it or not. ((((((((((((((hugs to you)))))))))))))))

• joyfulguy
    15 years ago

Strung up some more lines above the peas, getting them higher than my waist.

Picked peas, beans, gave some to neighbours, along with zucchini (they're still accepting them).

A week down the road from cataract surgery and through check-up yesterday with good results ... I have fewer restrictions ... so am a happy camper.

As the permafrost is melting in the arctic, they say that it's producing methane as the frozen vegetation rots, which bubbles up in the lakes and smells.

Methane causes much more detriment to the atmosphere than does carbon dioxide, many say.

ole joyful

• Marcia Thornley
    15 years ago

Test, Test, Test...banging on the microphone and making it squeal!
    My thoughts go out to you and Michelle. I have one relative in a fight with throat cancer and a good friend who is now in a battle with Pancreatic cancer. They are both tough and giving a good fight so I am hoping they can get ahead of this.
    This has been a long week for me. I am so looking forward to the weekend. I feel as though I could sleep for a week!
    Two more days to go.

• gazania_gw
    15 years ago

First off, I am sending out good thoughts to all who are having difficulties of any kind. May your today be better that your yesterday.

My yesterday was a great day for me. My DH has several friends from his cardiac rehab class. One of them and his wife (I had not met either of them) stopped by for a little help about a car from DH. We all decided to go out to lunch together. I need and crave more of this kind of social interaction. (I fear that my social skills are getting rusty.) I so enjoyed the 4 hours we spent with this couple.

On another front, It seems that we just got done with the "feeling responsible" for the welfare of nesting birds in the yard. Now it's the butterflies and their offspring. Last week one morning, in my tiny patch of butterfly weed I spotted 22 Monarch larva. So now, it is my duty to try to protect them from all sorts of dangers. DH and I, between his pacing and my scootering have worn the grass off in front of the patch trying to keep track of them all. Then there is the hunt, ever so carefully, for the chrysalises that we know have to be there. Those little buggers sure are good at hiding. So far we have only found 4 chrysalis in the tangled growth around their feeding ground. As of last evening there was only 5 caterpillers to be found in the butterfly weed so that amounts to 9 of the 22 accounted for, plus one caterpiller I brought into the kitchen to watch. It formed it's chrysalis on Monday in the big jar where it will stay till it becomes a beautiful butterfly. What a magical thing to see right before your eyes. Today I will be out there a good bit again trying to keep "my babies" safe. What better way to spend a lovely summers day?

• maybee_gw
    15 years ago

I got the cutest thing for my flower garden. It is a copper pipe with a brass spigot on it....then there is a large clear, water drop shaped bead that looks like the faucet is dripping I love the thing. Well, I went out to admire it last night and a coon or some varmint, but "probably" a coon had crawled up the pipe part and pulled the bead off :o( I found the bead but it sort of has teeth marks in it (don't laugh) I shined it up and it will be all right. I might go in and see if the lady I bought it from might have some extra beads...might not hurt to have some on hand. I'm going to fasten it on tighter and we are going to set a trap for the varmint...hey, they can stay away from the house or come close at their own peril. Hopefully we can relocate them to the timber away from the house.

I had cataract surgery a few years back and now it has grown back. I have an appointment today and will probably have to have laser treatment. "They" tell me that isn't any big deal to have done...

I gave blood yesterday afternoon. They seem to be very short of blood supplies in this area (maybe everywhere) because they call and call for donations. I have a very common type of blood. They have really lowered the standards they use in letting people donate...I think if I needed a transfusion, I would try and have a family member donate for me...

• sheesh
    15 years ago

Des Arc, there is no treatment for kidney cancer beyond surgery to remove the kidney. It sounds as if your cousin's cancer has metastasized to his kidney from his bladder, so it may be very bad for him. I don't blame him for not wanting to suffer through treatments that will only prolong his life for a while, at great physical cost to himself. I'm sorry.

Sherry

• grittymitts
    15 years ago

Healing thoughts 'n prayers fot all who need them from here too. The dreaded disease seems to be everywhere & effecting every family. I know well the toll it takes because when one family member has it, it's like the whole family has it for we go to appts., see the pain first hand as we try to help them endure it all.

DH has survived kidney & vocal cord cancer & I lost my precious (only) Sister in January to bladder cancer, and I've grown to HATE the word & what is does to so many.

It's rained all week here in NE Tx -by the time ground gets dry enough to mow the grass (and weeds!) will be high enough to tickle an elephant's rear end! It was badly needed tho'

Off to take DH for yet another Drs'. appt...in the rain!

Suzi

• curlysue
    15 years ago

I will have to talk quite softly-I'm at work and don't want to be heard, even though I feel like screaming.

Where to begin-I don't want to throw a pity party, I just need to get some things off my chest.
    DD moved into her dorm last Saturday-I'm still very emotional about this
    My birthday was yesterday and no one remembered-I'm not usually a baby about it and hey I don't go around reminding people. SO worked 14 hours yesterday-he is a wonderful man and he has never forgotten a special day before and he felt just terrible-he remembered it about 10 pm as we were going to bed-too late the damage was done DS and DD both had called after I went to bed last night. I had messages on the answering machine this morning wishing me a happy birthday. Sister remembered and called me at work this morning-all my life she has thought my birthday was the 21st-it is a family joke. Mom always sends a card-not this year-but she has been busy with her garden and she is 76 years old-maybe she forgot about her own spawn. This truly has been the most hectic week for our whole family for many reasons, so I don't hold it against any of them, but I did feel quite sorry for poor me. Talking about it helps-so I tell you guys and not my family, because they are all really wonderful and I don't want to make them feel bad for forgetting. So far 47 isn't that great, but since I am a half glass full kind of gal, I think, even with the rocky start, this may just be the best year of my life.
    I know this seems quite petty compared to the really tough things that some people are going through, I'm sorry for complaining.

• dirt_yfingernails
    15 years ago

We're just starting to reap the rewards from our brand new garden. We've had radishes, a few black cherry tomatoes, and some purple beans last night. Soon the zuchinis and yellow summer squash will be ready. Have lots of other stuff planted, too. It was planted late, so we didn't expect to get much but if we would have a late fall, we should get some things.

Bad news for my BIL. He will lose his only job of 30 years in a couple of weeks. He was married to my niece and had 2 boys with her. They are 9 and 12 years old. DN came down with cancer of the lining of her blood vessels. It was a fast moving cancer and took her in just 6 months. BIL stood by her side every second except when she kicked him out and told him to go home to sleep. He bathed her, wiped her lips when she vomited blood, helped her with the bedpan, and everything else. He wouldn't let the nurses do those things, only us family members when he wasn't there. He loved her so hard. Then oldest DSis and I set him up with our younger Dsis#3 on a blind date a couple of years later. They hit it off and have been blissful ever since. Now the county we both work for has eliminated his position. He has 2 more weeks. Where is someone his age with a bad back and bad knees going to get a job that pays insurance? My heart just breaks for him and the boys and DSis.

• gardenspice
    15 years ago

Oh curlysue, that just sucks. I know we are grown, but a few years ago my Mom completely forgot my birthday and I gotta say, it hurt my feelings. (Especially when she told me about the great present she got my (childbearing) SIL for her birthday - lol.)
    Your DH must be beside himself and I'm looking forward to hearing about how it makes up for this one - I bet he will.

Now Ya Ya, I'm sending Michele and Dale best thoughts and strength. And I'm sending a big ol' hug for you.

I'm working on getting all my Dr and Dentist appointments lined up, as I have been remiss. Orthopedist appt -check, Mammagram appt - check, Dentist - need to resched, Annual - tbd.
    August got away from me - I can't believe today is the 21st!

• clairdo2
    15 years ago

I just finished making cretons. Not to be mistaken for croutons. Cretons is a pork spread with spices. We spread it on toast. YUMYUM

• nan_nc
    15 years ago

I have been spending WAY too much time here the last few days. Saturday evening I got up to feed the cats, bent over the dishes, and found myself on the floor, having bashed my head HARD on the pantry threshold. Hollering to DH "Wet washrag, please" and blood pouring everywhere.

FIVE HOURS later I left the ER with 52, count 'em 52, stitches in my forehead. I have a huge Clarabelle eyebrow, or maybe it's a fuzzy black caterpillar. Nothing really injured but my vanity and my pride, and those could stand to come down a notch anyway.

Stitches come out tomorrow (I hope), if there's a cancellation at the Dr's office. Otherwise it's next Tuesday..itch, can't scratch..misery.

Attended DGD's wedding the weekend before..which featured the most pure friendship and fun I've ever seen. I was the only one who blubbered like a baby, and darn near took the photographer's head off when he tried to take my picture with tears on my face. I don't cry pretty!

All in all, life is good, even if I have covered up every mirror in the house.

Next?

• des_arc_ya_ya
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, I tellyawhat!! Turn on the microphone for you guys and it all just comes gushin' out, doesn't it!?

Hugs to all of you who need it (and even those who don't!)

Next?

• Kathsgrdn
    15 years ago

Sending good thoughts and prayers for your SIL and cousin, Des Arc.

It's kinda overcast right now, hot and sunny earlier. I hope we get some rain. My hostas are looking pretty sorry.

Picked one of the big melons in the garden and it was only sweet in the very center, so I'm waiting a few more days. One summer squash plant bit the dust from vine borers. I tried to save the other one but not sure it'll work.

Have to leave now and pick up Lauren from school, Alex is getting a ride home from his friend. They both have dental appointments.

Cleaned the kitchen up a little bit this morning. Still have more to do. We're having boneless, skinless chicken breasts and who knows what else for dinner tonight. Have no clue how I'm going to make the chicken or what to fix with it.

• frazoo
    15 years ago

um, you might have to turn down the microphone for this one, because I can't help shouting....I WON A 42" TOSHIBA FLAT SCREEN TV!!!
    From a hospital benefit drawing. DH bought one book of tickets for $20. It was a popular item so many tickets were sold and some bought $100 worth or more (considering it a donation as well). The drawing was last weekend and sorry to say we don't have it yet. The power switch won't shut it off so they're waiting for a new switch.
    I hope it gets fixed soon because we've already taken our old 32" living room TV to DD's. DH still says it's my TV because I'm the one who's been talking about the flat screens and he bought the tickets in my name.
    I need to have a sign for it that says "Mom's TV. No sports allowed!" so that when DS and DSIL are here, they can't hog it. Oh, and DDIL watches NASCAR so she'll probably want to watch the flat screen, too. Hmmmm, I see a family feud in the near future...LOL! DD and I watch movies and HGTV so we'll probably get booted to the older TV.

I was at DDs for a few days organizing her basement storage room and doing some other odd stuff that she and DSIL haven't got done since their move in June. I like to do things like that.

I've had 2 specialty Dr. appts. this month and got good results. I don't have to see the hematologist for 6 months nor have a mammo & ultrasound for another year.

Sending good thoughts to those in worrisome situations.

Leslie/KS

• FlamingO in AR
    15 years ago

Aw, I'm sorry about Michelle and Dale, YaYa, that's too bad. Hopefully Michelle will get good treatment though and be OK.

CurlySue, I would like to wish you a Very Happy Belated Birthday! I'm sorry you were disappointed on your special day. Hopefully today is a better day.

I got NOTHING! Nothing to report, really, except I am in the midst of feeling responsible for the safety of 5 baby Carolina Wrens. We have 3 cats and I predict there will be more water sprayed on them in the next 2 weeks than ever before. Gotta keep those babies safe!

• pixistix
    15 years ago

Just wanna yell out a big ((((huuuuuugs))))))) to all you folks who need 'em :)

• maybee_gw
    15 years ago

Just got home from having my eye lasered and it "didn't" hurt:o)

• curlysue
    15 years ago

Hello-is this thing still on? I know you are out there, I can hear you breathing LOL

Thank you for the birthday wishes-amends have been made at my house, so all is well and back to normal-or at least our version of normal.

I was so selfish and only thinking about myself the other day. I'm sorry for that. I wish there was a way to lighten everyones load. Special hugs to all that need them. Life is so very hard sometimes.

I read somewhere-could have been here---Be nicer to people than you have to be, because everyone is fighting their own battle. I am going to try to keep this as part of my daily pep talk.

• grammahony
    15 years ago

Maybee, I have that same cute water spigot. Mine also has a rain guage on the top. The 'drip' is a cupboard door knob. My rain guage tube broke though. I wonder where you can find those?
    Leslie

• IndianaKat
    15 years ago

Amen CurlySue, to being nicer than nice....I too forget that sometimes. The last couple of days have been pretty stressful here on the campus..... with all the new students arriving (and being totally lost!!!) I have been taking work home with me (never,ever a good thing to do...leave it at the office) and my family has been the target (bless their hearts, they do tend to overlook my shortcomings) of my "grouchiness". I've got to "leave it here" and I promise to be better....

~Kathy~

• Kathsgrdn
    15 years ago

I'm wondering how Kathi's surgery went the other day. Wasn't someone supposed to come here and let us know?

Just got back from seeing Alex's school counselor. I got a bunch of information on the ACT and other college stuff.

Have to run out in a little bit and pay my car registration or maybe I'll just do it by mail. Less hassle.

• maryanntx
    15 years ago

Good thoughts for Michelle and Dale, YaYa.

I don't have much to report. I only have 3 more chemo treatments, which will take 5 more weeks. Then after a 10 weeks or so wait I will have my next surgery. I figure it will be in December. That's why I'm thinking about Christmas now and already making plans for gifts. The chemo has really taken it's tole on me. I am so tired all the time, but glad that's my only side-effect. No sickness and I still have my hair.

Life is good. Chad is rodeo-ing (bull riding)almost every weekend. Dusty is enjoying his job, Oldest DS and DIL and twins are doing great. Jammer and I got season tickets to our HS football games. I love football and look forward to going to the games and watching pro football on tv.

Good thoughts to all those with problems.

• okwriter
    15 years ago

WOW. I haven't had much time to participate lately at the KT, but I sure wish I'd clicked on this thread earlier. So much "stuff" going on. I'm sorry for everyone who is struggling right now, but I'm grateful you shared because it gives me such perspective.

Hugs to you, nan...52 stitches in your forehead? OUCH!

I've whined around all week about my trip to the oral surgeon. Nobody at church noticed my mouth last night because of the stupid sty in my left eye. *sigh* I finally graduated from oatmeal (which is all I've eaten since Wednesday) to cereal this morning. I ate with my head tipped sideways and drooled all down my cheek.

Be careful what you pray for. I've been blessed with a ton of work lately, although sometimes I just want to shout, "ENOUGH, ALREADY!" :-) Instead, I stay huddled in front of the computer in my office at home hour after hour, getting fatter (literally) by the day. Any spare time is spent worrying about my lifestyle and about dying young and about my parents and about other stuff that seems so insignificant compared to the REAL issues people are facing.

Middle-age is making me nuts.

• bulldinkie
    15 years ago

Im sitting here in dialysis,I brought my computer,Thought id stop in ,How is everybody?Im really tired today I mean extra tired...
    Thanks everybody for gifts,cards etc I loved it...
    Im hungry for a peach...
    Im thinking about my precious grandkids They were over lastnight The 2 year old pooped pants came out on his shorts.My husband tried to clean him up.Did you ever see a kid get diaper changed standing up.?The 3 year old said oh no...He knew you dont get changed standing oh no eweys...no moma,no way he said,So sweet...
    Im ready to get out of here Im done.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH