SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemaryt_gw

Today we closed on our new house! (Many pics!)

rosemaryt
12 years ago

As many of you know, I had not been happy with my big pink house for a time. Lots of reasons, but primarily the maintenance was killing us - emotionally and financially.

We sold it at a significant loss but we were able to find a beautiful home on a dead end street, and as a nice bonus, it's on a small canal - part of the city's reservoir system.

And our new mortgage is 3.75% for 15 years, which is FANTASTIC! We sold the old house for $276,000 and got the new house for $279,000 which is pretty amazing.

Getting out of the old house (1925 Colonial Revival in an urban area) and into this delightful one-owner 1962 brick ranch on a dead end street was an answer to my prayers.

I'm so delighted that this all came together. And today - we closed!

Check out the photos!

This is the best part - the back yard!!!

My favorite room is the sunporch that overlooks the lake. It's really beautiful!

Deck off the sunporch!

My favorite feature is the fact that this one-owner home is in original 1962 condition. It's like stepping back in time, and yet the house has all copper pipes and drain lines. It was custom built and well-maintained.

The spacious den is also gorgeous, and measures 20x20. It's also in original condition!

And the bathroom is all original!

The master bath is also in original condition.

View from the master bedroom window:

Another view of the backyard:

Teddy ponders her life in the new house:

I'm SO happy to be out of the old house! And it's so nice to look at a lake, rather than a long line of houses on 35' wide lots!

Rose

Here is a link that might be useful: More photos of the new houose

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville