SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silversword_gw

I need some opinions :)

silversword
11 years ago

I posted the following at the single life forum but no response, and Kay said to come over here :)

I have some questions, friends. If you've been dating someone exclusively 3-4 months and they seem a little argumentative, and that made you have pause about the relationship continuing and you had to think about that... how long do you think is an acceptable time to ask them to wait (without talking) while you think it over?

A day? A week? Longer?

If during that time, two days after saying you'd take a couple of days to think it over, your boy/girl friend calls you crying and obviously upset because they are in the vet's office and their beloved pet is unexpectedly dying (a pet you have cared for yourself)... do you think it's appropriate to offer to help them? What would you do?

Third question: If you wanted to be friends with this person, but did not want to be lovers anymore, do you think it's reasonable for them to say you didn't act like much of a friend when you did not offer help with their pet, or call to check up on them later (although there was a text).

And last, if after saying Monday you'd take a few days to think, and Wednesday am their pet dying, you text on Friday to say you need more time and then you go by their house to break up with them, do you think you should have their house key, etc. with you?

Do you think it's reasonable to say you'll bring it by a few days later, and then contact the person on that day to say you can't make it and offer to leave their things outside their house?

If you were the ex, would you feel a little anxious about getting your key back? And, when their things are brought back, would you think it's reasonable that half of the things were forgotten but they and didn't turn right around to go get them?

And, one more... do you think that texting the next day to ask if you can drop them by the door (even though they already said they'd rather you didn't) is reasonable?

Do you think that this behavior is "friendly"?

Comments (30)