SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Would you help me choose lights above medicine cabinets?

caroline94535
15 years ago

Please! I'm stuck on how to put lights above or around the vanity cabinets. Here's the plan...

I'm planning to use two recessed mirrored medicine cabinets above the one bathroom vanity. I need to know what style and size of lights to use above the cabinets. There won't be room to put lights to either side of the two med cabs.

The vanity can be either 48" or 42" long; it will be 18" deep and kitchen height. The one undermounted sink will be set in on the right side.

(The vanity is pure white; counter top is "Stellar Night" by SileStone. It's black with tiny bits of mirrored glass; it sparkles like a holiday! LOL)

The black-framed medicine cabinets will about 17x27". (NuTone Soho or City Traditional). I'd like to put lights above them. The ceiling will be opened for the remodel, so I could possibly use pot lights, too.

Would this work? How big can the lights be and how high should they be above the cabinets? I have 8' ceilings. I have a ceiling light (ventilation fan/light/heater), but I need more light over/around the vanity. It's a tiny bathroom, 7x9, and will mostly stark white with black accents, early 1900s style.

I appreciate any ideas you can offer. And yes, I've learned "medicine cabinets" are so out-dated...(that they're sure to stylish again before long!) LOL Not being a paragon of high fashion; I'm installing, using, and loving them!

Here's a close up of the Stellar Night Silestone. All the bright spots or teeny bits of mirror.

Comments (6)