SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imtoni

Children at weddings. (vent)

Toni S
13 years ago

We attended two wedding ceremonies yesterday. Simple in style, nice service for both. Many pictures and a video for each one.

As I sat there I couldn't help but wonder what is going through those parents minds who refuse to take there whining child to the back viewing room. Do they think their child is so special that they will allow them to talk loudly, scream out or whine with out even considering taking them to the back? I had one little boy, maybe two years, carrying on behind me at one wedding. I could bearly hear the service even with the speakers. So badly I wanted to give them the look but realized they didn't have a clue in the first place. Manners were not on their to do list.

The other wedding had a little girl whining because she wanted to run the isle. They didn't have a clue either.

ON the other hand there were 4 children about 4 to 7 years old sitting in the row in front of me. They did great. They had paper and pencil, fruit snacks which kept them busy. Often they watched the ceremony with the rest of us. Just before we left I mentioned to one of the dads how nicely all the kids behaved. He smiled and said thanks. I know ALL kids have their days but parents have to know when to take them to the back if they insist on bringing them to adult events.

Am I being to sensitive?

Comments (36)