SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_wayman

Noise under the hood of the truck.

Linda Wayman
15 years ago

About an hour and a half ago I went to get Anna who stayed with my mother last night. I was on Goodman Rd. which is the busiest street in Desoto County. I was on the inside lane when I heard that noise coming from under the hood. I thought to myself, oh no!!! not here, not now!!! I slowed way down and was finally able to get into the right hand lane. I wanted to stop the truck right there, but I know it would have probably caused an accident. I found a parking lot where I could safely stop the truck. I turned off the engine and slowly opened the hood. Right there on the passenger side close to the windshield was a little orange kitten. Thank God he was unhurt. He's pretty tame. I was afraid when I reached for him he would make a break for it and run into the street. He let me pick him up and put him in the truck. Of course I then had to go to Sonic and get him a hamburger patty and a glass of water. He stayed in my lap most of the time til I got to where Anna was, then he stayed in her lap on the way home.

When I got home I put him out of the truck. He didn't try to follow us into the house. A couple of days ago I saw a black kitten about the same size as this one. I don't know if they belong to someone who just moved into the neighborhood or if they are strays. I didn't get a good look at the black one, but the orange one isn't underweight at all and is very tame.

Now I'll have to be on the lookout for the next few days to try to determine if they are strays. If they are I will try to find them a home. I will not take them to the shelter. Anna and I have been going there to help out for a little more than a month now and they have too many kittens already. Actually, one is too many, but you know what I mean. I would love to have them. It's been over 10 years since my little girl kitty, Smudge, died. She was three months short of being 20 years old. I know Buddy and Penny would be okay with a cat. I'm not sure about Luther. Bob's not a cat person, but he's married to one so he'll have to deal with it if it happens. I'm not a gun person, but that hasn't stopped him from collecting them.

Linda

Comments (5)