SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharon_fl

I'm in PA...FINALLY!!!

sharon_fl
15 years ago

Left last Friday-traveling in big rain, fog etc from Hurricane Fay which had spun around my way a couple days prior.

Had my car serviced 3 days before leaving-cost me $998., some thing was cracked & leaking fluids. Grrr! THEN, I had to pack to evacuate which got cancelled 2 hours before we would've had to leave. THEN, packed all of the 'Princess' furniture in the rental cargo van & packed my duds for a 4 weeks stay as well as my art supplies, etc in my car.

THEN..hazardous driving up to I 10 (still hurricane weather), so we stopped as I had to use the restroom. Hurried in there so fast-I locked my ONLY key to my car inside! Picture me along with 6 men, all trying to jimmie the window to get in. After 40 minutes & soaked to the bone, we contimued towards I 295.

THEN. over the radio were tornado warnings for Jax, Jax Beach & St Augustine & warned everyone to get secure. So here we are on I95 traveling north with zero visibility, trees falling about 15' from the edge of the interstate, cars hydroplaning, causing over 10 accidents we saw & fatalities as well!2 tornados had touched down and when we finally got over the GA border, we got a motel & waited it out.

Anyhoo..smooth sailing after that w/a stopover in Raleigh at my DD's for overnight then arrived in PA on Monday afternoon. I was exhausted-physically & mentally!

My 6 yr old 'princess' was insisting I start the room that night.LOL!

Things are moving smoothly. Primed the entire room yesterday & woodwork and I just now got the ceiling painted.

Hoping to get all of the woodwork done this afternoon as well.

Have SO enjoyed the grandchildren, have seen many friends during the evenings and looking forward to the 'fun part' of completing this room.

Miss being on here every day but I'm on a time crunch so will pop in when I can.

Miss you all,

Sharon

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!