SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluejeans4ever

And the winner (of the Potato Salad Contest) is...

bluejeans4ever
13 years ago

Not me! LOL However I did come in 3rd and was very pleased with that, considering there were 10 entries.

I apologize for not posting the results earlier (the contest was 2 weeks ago) My bad! Unfortunately, so is my memory. :-) Thanks Jasdip for the reminder.

Personally, I thought my salad was great! I used some of the suggestions from this forum, by adding:

Celery Seed

Dill Weed

Garlic

Sweet onion and some purple onion

and a few others.

I thought the above really added flavour!

First and Second place used egg in their salads - I had tasted both, and both were really good, but I just don't like egg in pot salad. So, it's all a matter of personal taste.

I made friends with the 2nd place winner and we had a blast (she has the same kind of sense of humour as me). SO that was cool!

Thanks again for all of your suggestions and recipes, which I have copied and plan on trying at some point!

Oh and just for the record - given recent happenings on this forum. I also have been a lurker, occassional poster pretty much since the beginning. Although I changed my name (and can't even remember what name I used before, duh, there goes that memory thing again) and now use a fake email address - all due to avoid getting unsolicited email and nasty grams. I said something once that seem to offend some people (it was purely unintentional) and so that's why I changed my identity. But I didn't change my Blue Jeans! *groan*

The things I love about this forum is that it's just people just talkin about life. Whether it be their pets, children, grandchildren, hobbies, trivia, flowers, grave stones, or even just about what they did that day, I find it so refreshing.

I have found this forum to be a great source of comfort to those who need it. And wow, I've shed a tear or two over the years over other's trials and tribulations and have related to many of them.

I also secretly love the political debates. But they tend to get a little heated ... lol, but maybe that's the fun part of it! I like to see what people think, especially when it is so different from the way I think. We are not cookie cutter people we are all individuals. Gee, that sounds like the makings of a CW song! :-) And it is always a good thing to try and understand another pov, because it can only broaden your scope on the topic.

So I just want you to know that my Potato Salad adventure is fer real! As was the Mayo I used! lol

So thanks again!

BJ

Comments (9)