SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
haffie

Back from alaska & Glenda was right

haffie
12 years ago

For those of you looking to travel to Alaska on your 'to do list', be sure you sign up for the optional excursion on the crab vessel "Aluetian Ballad". Glenda & I had chosen the same extra. This being my second trip to Alaska, I didn't do a lot of the things offered, but this was by far and away, one the the BEST trips I've ever taken in ANY traveling! The captain and crew so obviously care about us, the visitors to his ship, and everyone is extremely cordial and its a real hands on visit for 4 hours or so...loved it. DH and I even ended up wanting to share in his economic life, and each of us bought a winter weight fleece lined crew rain jacket from them. Great. Also enjoyed a salmon bake in the deep woods of Alaska along a river bed. Delicious! (I don't normally care for salmon). 8 Hour train ride on the McKinley Explorer to Denali State park was long. Did I mention long? Denali trip was just alright, not lucky enough with weather (low clouds & showers) to see famous Mt McKinley/Denali (as native Alaskans named it thousands of yrs ago).

Comment (1)