SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Looking for young child's book about rocking horse or pony

jel48
10 years ago

We bought 2 year old grandson Devin a Tek Nek "Legend" spring rocking horse for his birthday.

We gave him this one last year, for his first bithday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHpFQ0cUkVA

He loved it right away and still does and rides it a LOT! So, mom and dad mentioned that he's starting to outgrow it, though he still does ride it. So, I went looking online and found the spring rocking horse, made by the same company, and it had absolutely excellent reviews! So we got it for birthday number 2 and it was an instant hit. There was a very slight learning curve while he learned to climb on and off, and then had to figure out that he could either rock forward and back (gallop) or bounce up and down (trot). In both ponies, you squeeze the ears for the pony to sing and neigh and talk so there was no learning to have to be done there. I just know these two ponies are going to get a lot of riding and a lot of love for a lot of years, between Devin and new baby brother, Kieran.

Anyway, for Christmas, I want to get Devin a Cowboy hat and I'd like to get him a book, hopefully about a little boy and his rocking horse or a little boy and his real live pony. I'd like the book to be just a nice little story and hopefully have pictures with the little boy, the rocking horse, a cowboy had and maybe other things, but probably no six-guns or anything like that because his parents might not like that and for sure they're not going to want him going to daycare or, later on, to school and playing cowboys and guns!

But I'm having trouble finding a book of the sort I want, although I do find some children's books about cowboys. Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

Comments (5)