SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Fall Swap?

Kathsgrdn
12 years ago

Anyone want to do one? We haven't had a swap in a very long time. Tami's Christmas card post reminded me of this for some reason. For those who don't know, we had lots of them in the past, usually during different seasons/holidays. Anyone who wants to participate signs up, sends the "host" their KT name, e-mail address and home address. Then the host matches everyone up with a swap partner and you contact that person, getting to know them and then go shopping for things you think they may like.

It's a lot of fun and you get to know your fellow KTers a little bit better. Sometimes we do envelope swaps so that it's not so expensive. They're cheaper to mail and you have to be more creative in finding things to fit into the envelope.

Some things people put into the swaps: paperback books, book markers, homemade knitted or crocheted items, refrigerator magnets, brochures from their city or region, chocolate or other candies made in their area, magnetised wooden tongs (still have them on my fridge from a swap with Kiwi years ago), pictures, candles, seeds, kitchen towels and pot holders, note cards, recipes, etc....hard to remember everything I've received or other people have gotten. You can send Fall themed things.

Some people post pictures of what they received also. It's fun to see what everyone got. If you reply to this post can you also mention whether you'd like an envelope swap or just regular boxed one?

Anyone interested? I can host it.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths