SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyfox

Ft. Worth Swap - Programming Web Page for Fall Swap

mommyfox
16 years ago

First, a shout out to all the awesome people that came to the Ft. Worth swap - it was so much fun, and I'm already looking forward to the fall!

With that in mind, I have a proposal. I can do some web page programming, and considering the 600 or so posts over in the exchanges page, it might be easier to have a page specifically devoted to the swaps. Here's what I have in mind ...

I can make a page where you sign in and can input what plants you have, the quantity and the size. Then you can put in what plants you're looking for. It would work a lot like the exchanges thing on this forum, except that it would be limited to this area, and intended for the big swaps.

One additional feature I could include is a "proposed trade" function, where you could send a message to other members with a proposed trade, which they could then confirm, reject or bounce back to the original proposer with another message. And then - the big change - all accepted trades would be listed under your account, so it would be all right there together.

We could also put up a brief bio and picture (locked and only visible to other members, of course) to make finding each other easier.

What do you guys think? Is it redundant? Needing other features? Do you think you'd use it?

Thanks!

-Julie

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022