SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Good morning!

Kathsgrdn
14 years ago

Morning everyone! I'm sick this morning, with a sore throat and stuffy nose. I knew it wouldn't be long after returning to work.

Got up bright an early to walk with a friend around the park. We also did the machines they have around the walk path. Got a good workout. We're going again tomorrow.

Going to eat a little mac and cheese and drink my coffee. I'm already getting sleepy. I haven't been sleeping alot this week, my fault for staying up so late and then having to get up early to work, run errands or walk.

I may take a little nap in after I throw the towels in the dryer. After the kids go to the shelter we are running out to get Alex's hair cut and pick up some jeans for Lauren and I'm going to buy a pair or two of sweats that fit me. I have a few pair but they're so baggy on me. Later going to work in the yard.

Hope you all have a good day! It's supposed to be hot today. It's already humid as can be out there.

Comments (14)

• susan_on
    14 years ago

Good morning Kath. Sorry you feel crummy today. I hope you feel better soon. You're quite energetic for someone who is coming down with something. I'm very impressed!
    What kind of machines do they have around the park? They don't have anything like that here.

I cleaned the outside of the freezer, washer, dryer and the utility shelf for laundry soaps and stuff. Then I cleaned the laundry tub.

In a few minutes, I'm going to DS's house to clean windows. It may be the LAST time I have to clean there, as I've been doing it on weekends for months, while he's been painting and doing yard work. He's moving in on the 21st.

• glenda_al
    14 years ago

Get to feeling better.

I talked with Parke Sr last nite and he has the flue. His DW must have passed it on to him.

Sitting here waiting on airport shuttle pickup.

• Kathsgrdn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, I had no choice, Susan, she would give me heck if I backed out. LOL!

The machines are arm press, leg press, stomach crunch type machines. I think there's 6 or 7 around the whole walk path. I've walked around the park many times but never used them before.

• Kathsgrdn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey, Glenda! I thought you were leaving at 0900? Have fun on your trip. Make sure to take lots of pictures. I'm thinking about going on a Rick Steve's tour to Scotland next year by myself, no kids!

• bigbaby
    14 years ago

Oooo, I would love to do Rick Steve's tour of Scotland. My sister lives in Aberdeen.

Hope you feel better, Kath, but I agree with Susan. You have accomplished a lot for someone who doesn't feel well! So do they have those machines right outside? How great is that?

I'm trying to motivate myself. It's cloudy and rainy here and it's just amazing to me how I get fuzzy headed and my motivation goes down to zero when the weather is like this. I literally can't even think of what to do.

I do have to go to a funeral later this morning. This lady I really loved died from a massive stroke last Monday night. RIP Rachel. She was a real peach! I sing in church every Saturday night and am so insecure about my abilities. She taught music in the schools for many years and was a really gifted musician and she once told me that she loved my voice! I'll never forget that. What a gift that was for me!

• Kathsgrdn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bigbaby, yes, they are right outside, right by the walk path. Sorry to hear about your friend.

• Toni S
    14 years ago

Good Morning to you!
    Feeling icky is a bummer when there is so much to be done!
    I'll often gargle with salt water. Tastes a little bad but it seems to sooth the beast.

Have a good day.

• jen_tx
    14 years ago

Kathleen, you just amaze me. Feeling bad and still going, going, going. I'd be wanting to curl up on the couch and watch movies all day. That park sounds like a great place to walk. I've never seen a walking path with machines. I could use your friend to make me go walking....that always helps to know someone is counting on you. Hope you get to feeling better soon and don't overdo it. I think you deserve a vacation without the kids. Then maybe they'll appreciate it more when they DO get to go! I hope they realize how fortunate they were to go on such an amazing vacation.

Here's how most kids "What I did on Summer Vacation" report goes:
    I went to the lake.
    I went to my grandma's for a week.
    I went to summer camp.
    I stayed home and mowed lawns.

Theirs:
    I went to Europe.

WOW. I haven't even gone to Europe! I wish they had enjoyed it more. Someday they are going to regret not being more enthused. I know I've said it before but you are a great mom.

• maryanntx
    14 years ago

Good morning. sorry you aren't feeling well Kath.

It's supposed to be 101º today, but right now it's pretty nice outside.

My goal today is to clean off my computer desk and hook up the new monitor that I bought yesterday.

• mamatoad
    14 years ago

Good Morning! I hope you feel better soon! I'm in a hurry to get dressed and go shopping at Kohl's. I have two coupons for $l0.00 off and I need a nightgown for a birthday gift. I love freebies!!! Bettye/AZ

• patti43
    14 years ago

Good morning, everyone. Hope you don't get really down, Kathleen. Try to take it a little easy today--think it's too late for that advice, though.

(((bigbaby)) sorry about your friend.

Just finished talking with my sister for over an hour. She and her DH are in Indiana at her MIL's. MIL is in a nursing home, but they've been trying hard to save her farm and old, old home. She'll be happy to get back to Florida tonight.

Our new Silestone countertops were installed yesterday and I just can't believe what a difference it made in our stark, white kitchen. They are beautiful! The plumbing won't be hooked up until Monday, so I'm washing dishes in the laundry tub until then. Not cooking so it's only the breakfast/lunch stuff and no problem.

Today I have to clean the bottom cabinets and put back all the stuff that belongs in them. Ick! Guess I'd better go get started.

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    14 years ago

It is now afternoon here instead of morning so good afternoon to all of you. Sorry you are sick Kath. I went to some rummages and didn't buy anything. Amber stopped in at the farmer's market and bought a good sized sugar baby watermelon, some homemade doggie treats and a quart jar of hometown honey. We picked up "brunch" at Hardee's and went to her house. Cheryl came and we chatted and I decided to stay at Amber's and watch KC for Cheryl while she went to K Mart. Amber started picking green beans and I sat on her deck and cleaned on them. When Cheryl came back she helped clean on them and we had a great big dishpan of green beans snapped. Amber gave us summer squash, cucumbers and yellow tomatoes to bring home. We could have had green beans but we each still had some. I have not felt well for several weeks and weeks. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and found out it is probably one of my medicines. I can't believe that! I have had such a cough and hacking around for so long. I think I might be just a tad better. She said it would take ten days for the medicine to get out of my system. I sure look forward to feeling better. The weather is heating up right now it is 82 here and a bit humid. I might take a nap soon.

Sue

• susanjf_gw
    14 years ago

what no rain for you?? the only thing we did today was shop for the week...and the rain has been pouring! just heard dh run to close windows...8 hours of steady rain for oakland county...dh is going to try golf tomorrow...

• OklaMoni
    14 years ago

Hello KT

I hope Kath feels better by now! So far, I have been on a 53 mile bike ride, where I stopped at a bakery and got a loaf of fresh bread.

Mowed my lawn when I got back, then watered out of one of the barrels full of rainwater.

Next shower, cut my hair, another shower to get all the itty bitty hair pieces off, and now, reading here.

Later I will go to Tulsa (isn't that funny, Stacy comes to this side of the state, and I go to hers?), spend a couple of nights there, to work in the gardens at my house that is for sale.

We signed another contract, with a different realtor. Sometime that house just has to find a buyer.

See you all later.

Moni