SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yborgal

Alisande.....nails?

yborgal
13 years ago

Before I attach the beautiful nails you used, could you tell me if it was difficult to remove them? And if your own nails were terribly damaged?

I've just placed (unglued) them on my own nails to see how they fit and I can't believe how real they look! Turns out the flat ones are the best fit for me.

Comments (9)

• alisande
    13 years ago

Funny you should ask. :-)

Jodi had said they were expected to last 5 to 7 days, I think, and the package says Wear beyond 7 days is not recommended.

Sure enough, on the fifth day one of the nails popped off. The timing was bad, so I glued it back on. No problem. On the seventh day, yesterday, I decided to take them off and replace them.

I soaked my fingers in regular (acetone) nail polish remover. I admit I was impatient to get the job done, but judging by how those nails clung to me, I think they would have lasted six months. LOL

When they finally came off, some glue remained on my own nails. I can't say my nails were damaged--at least not after one wearing. I wasn't sure how to handle the leftover glue, so I attempted to file it off. I suspect I wasn't all that successful, because when I applied the new nails one of them came off immediately. I glued it back on and went to a party as planned. I'm happy to report there were no nail incidents!

But this morning another one came off. I think it's pretty clear that I didn't provide a good enough surface for the glue to adhere to. Or something. But this time when I put the nail back on I ended up with glue covering one of my fingertips. I get the feeling I could go out and commit a crime now, and they'd never catch me by my fingerprints. :-)

Go for it, Mona!

• paula_pa
    13 years ago

I bought these nails and the recommended glue yesterday. But after applying 3 of them I decided they were too long. They looked great but I've never had long nails and the medium length looked so long to me so I decided not to continue and instead to go back and get the short length. Well, did I have a time getting off those 3 nails that were only on for a matter of minutes! So I think it's safe to say that they will stay on pretty darn well.

• yborgal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've just stopped doing silk wraps and have cut my nails really short to allow healthy nails to grow in.

My concern is that if I decide I only want to wear them for 3-4 days and take a break for a couple of weeks that the nails would come off but the globs of glue would remain on my nail surface. I want to avoid filing the glue off because that could end up thinning the nail surface. Do you think additional soaking in acetone would get the glue to dissolve?

• Sally Brownlee
    13 years ago

I took mine off yesterday after 6 days. They came off rather easy with no visible damage. I took the rest of the glue off with polish remover and put new ones on.

One came off while I was dressing, so I put it back on...so far no more problems!

• liz
    13 years ago

the pop offs are gonna happen...that's why I ALWAYS have nail glue within easy reach...I scrub my nails really good with some soap and a nailbrush...then I go over them with some nail polish remover...then I file my real nail down lightly to make the bed nice and smooth..then I glue them on and press REALLY HARD for 10 seconds...if they don't fit well over your nailbed...find one that does...if they don't get a good seal their gonna pop off a whole lot faster...nothing is more irritating then just putting them on and having one pop off before I'm even out the door and it's happened too many times to count!!

I could tell you my pop off nail stories by the hundreds...their too numerous to mention...some funny...some not so funny...some mortifyingly embarrassing some that just make you want to go...WTH!!

• Jasdip
    13 years ago

Do tell Liz! Don't keep us hanging. You can't tease us with an exit line like that!

• FlamingO in AR
    13 years ago

Yeah, Liz- spill!

I bought some today in the short length. I didn't buy the petites and I wish I had. I'm going to return this box because I can only wear the 5 smallest sizes, 7.8.9.10 and 11. All the others are huge on me. And I figured out I need to get the pink nail bed and flatter. My nails don't arch as much as those in box.

They're pretty though! I think they'll be fun for when I have a function to go to or a hot date. lol With my husband!

• liz
    13 years ago

well...there was the time I was making potato salad...like a gallons worth and looked down and was missing my pinkie...yep...one gallon went in the trash cause I wasn't digging for it...making gravy one time and looked down and one was missing...since it was just us four...yeppers...found it and took it out...(shhh...don't tell my kids...they'd be mortified...)

just last week I was putting someone's bag in the overhead and one flew off...landed on a female...we had a good laugh...she couldn't believe they weren't my REAL nails...I should be a spokesperson for Nailene...I was sooooo embarrassed...they've popped off so many times at work...I just nonchalantly looked to see where it went...stick it in my pocket and do a repair when I get a minute...

• angela_nor_calif
    13 years ago

I bought the short length over the weekend and put them on yesterday. I really like them. It only take a little bit of glue to get them to stay on. I'm hoping they come off pretty easily. I didn't realize they were only meant for 5-7 day use but I guess that makes sense because your own nail is going to grow and then they wouldn't look so good.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor