SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephmc72_gw

Remember Brad, my friends son?

stephmc72
15 years ago

I posted about my friends son Brad and his struggles (and surgeries) for Colitis. It's been almost 2 years since his surgery and he's had problems off and on since. He's been to the doctor and was told he basically needed an antacid.

His mom recently got new medical insurance and he started seeing a new doctor. Well, to make a very long story short, he was misdiagnosed all this time. He does not have Colitis. He has Crohns Disease. As a result, over the last 2 years of having it untreated, his small intestine (the only one he has left, they already removed the large) is in very bad shape. He will be having surgery in a few weeks again and it's very likely that they will have to remove the entire intestine and he will have a permanent colostomy.

This news is angering and devastating to all of us that love Brad. His parents are trying to learn as much as they can about all of this but it's all came on pretty sudden.

If you could send some special thoughts his way, I'd really appreciate it. He'll be 17 on Sept. 9 and will most likely be having surgery around that time. His last few birthdays have been so uneventful thanks to this horrible sickness. My heart breaks for him.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor