SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_bumpkin_al

Remember My Friend Curt That the Tree Limb Fell On

country_bumpkin_al
13 years ago

It was 3mos. ago yesterday, that the lives of that young family changed. He is STILL in the hospital. There have been mountains to climb and valleys to stand in on this journey. Krystal and Curt have 2 young children. For the most part, Krystal has been at that hospital (or in the vicinity) since the day it happened. I have seen a side of her I didn't know she had (she probably didn't know she had it*S*). She has gone head to head with the Drs. that said there was NO hope (she refused to believe it and informed them SHE believed in a Higher Power and HE was telling her Curt WAS going to live). And, live he did. So,then the Dr. told her Curt would NEVER improve past being a vegatable. Again, she let them know Where HER trust was. The Dr. actually TOLD Krystal she "didn't know what kind of magic she believed in..but whatever"! Again, the Dr. was proved wrong, as Curt started to make small improvements, but it seemed for every step forward, things would seem to go backwards 2 steps. Curt has had several surgeries, fought infections, etc. I knew he was having yet another surgery last week...but there hadn't been any updates since then, until today! It's so great I just have to share it. I've copied it from his Caring Bridge site.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:57 PM, CDT

I say again "Praise God for his Love and Mercy".

I was able to visit with Curt today and what a blessing it was. Krystal had been home for a visit and had returned and Glenda was able to go home for a few days to relax. Krystal was in a great spirit and we had a very good visit.

If some of you do not know, Curt did not have to have invasive surgery but rather a less invasive procedure. He was out of it for a few days but then he began to improve. The doctors are very positive and believe they have finally got things going in the right direction. He does not have any fever, infection, air on his brain, or any other conditions that are causing problems. We are hoping he will be moved back to rehab in the next day or so and we are believing he will begin to progress at a rapid speed and be home within a month. What a blessing that would be. Please help pray for this so Krystal can be home when Abbie is going to school and Hayden is at home.

As I visited Curt today I was able to ask Curt questions and he responded to me and answered all my questions. He is well aware of what is going on and who most people are. I asked him how old he would be and he said 29 so I asked how old he would be on his birthday and he replied 30. He also told me the food was awful so I asked him what he would like to eat and he said a Taco. I asked if he wanted a hard or soft Taco and he replied soft. It was so exciting to see and hear Curt talk and interact. As I left, Curt was waving goodbye to me. Thank You Lord Jesus!

Next Friday August 6th Curt will turn 30 years old. We are all hoping he will be over at Spain rehab and feeling much better. I think it would be awesome if as many family and friends as possible would send Curt a birthday card. You can mail the cards to my P.O. Box 418, Oneonta, Alabama 35121 and I will deliver them to Curt on his birthday.

Please remember Curt and Krystal in your prayers and expect to hear soon that Curt is on his way home.

Comments (18)