SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trinitytx_gw

The mystery of my filty carpet has been solved

trinitytx
14 years ago

We had these large dark oil spots show up on my carpet last week. I didn't clean them right away because, 1: I am lazy, 2: I had no idea where they came from, 3: Didn't want to clean and find a repeat performance.

DH swears he didn't track it in, although suspiciously, the tracks led right up to where he sits on the couch....hmmmmm...

After much thought, we remembered that our garage door had been repaired in the last week, and the guys lubed the chain. So it must have leaked onto the garage floor, and one of us managed to track it in.

Really dark, really black grease on gray carpet.

So....today was spent cleaning the carpets, somthing in the very near future will be coming out. I have just gotten so I hate carpeting. With animals, it is a nightmare. Besides the bedrooms, only this one livingroom is carpeted. I will be so happy to see it go, but it is a rather rustic room, with cement floors, and I have no idea what to lay down in place of the carpets.

Are you all carpetless, or what do you have on your floors that is animal friendly, cost efficient and easy to keep up?

Trin

Comments (22)