SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shopperpicky

Update: Mediterranean cruise/diamond ring

amicus
13 years ago

Some of you might remember when I posted about my DD's boyfriend asking me whether I thought our daughter would rather have a 3 week Mediterranean cruise and a smaller diamond in her engagement ring, or a larger stone and less expensive honeymoon. Well, he proposed last night with the engagement ring he inherited from his grandmother, which was missing the stone. He had taken the stone out and given it to his mother to reset in a pendant years earlier, prior to meeting DD.

Anyway, he decided to ask DD which she would rather have and she said neither. She absolutely loved the option of the Mediterranean cruise, once she learned that Rome, Greece and Egypt were on the itinerary, since these were her main focus of historical study when in school. However she told him she didn't see the point in spending money on a diamond at all, since there are such beautiful cubic zirconias available now.

So they are going to have the band set with a grade AAAAA cubic zirconia, which will cost less than $100.00 and go for the amazing honeymoon. DD said her friend has a gorgeous platinum ring set with one, so perhaps this is a new trend among young people. Anyway she said that she can always replace the stone someday if she ever wants a diamond, but for now she'd rather have the money spent on something they both can enjoy!

Comments (15)