SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendylynders

Man oh man, why am I always a magnet to this stuff? Child abuse?

wendylynders
15 years ago

Okay, so I am so way laid back! I am a very sweet and kind person, because I think that is how we are supposed to be. HOWEVER, don't ever tell your 4 year old, in front of me, that you are going to F'in (her words, not mine) kick their head in if they can't walk faster. And when she can't keep up with you because you are walking WAY too fast for a four year old to catch up to, don't grab her and tell her that you will beat the piss out of her.

This was my day. I was at the grocery store, mindin my own business putting the bag of bread in the back seat to not get smooshed.... (hate it when that happens) when I hear a woman just screaming profanity. When I looked up, she was yelling it to a small child that I thought to be 3 or 4. She just wouldn't stop. There were at least 15 of us throughout the parking lot that stood there with our mouth open wide. I finally yelled at her to *calm down* as the little girl was crying and I was afraid for her. Then I was mad at myself as I was afraid she was going to take it out on the little girl. The woman was also carrying a baby carrier with an infant in. The little girl had the saddest look on her face. The lady looked at me right in the eyes, and I thought, oh crap, here it comes. She asked me when I start paying for her kid, I could make the decisions. I said gladly, but until then, she needs to stop verbally abusing her and to never grab her like that again. That is when she started coming at me very rapidly. I thought oh God give me wisdom. She left the little girl just standing to the side of the way busy parking lot driveway. She was scared. I thought, rather than being scared, which I WAS.... just watch that little girl and help her... I called out to the girl, are you okay? She just looked at me scared as can be. I told her it was going to be okay. The woman was screaming at me to leave her alone and not talk to her. She then started then screaming at the girl, see what happens when you don't list. The little girl started crying. I just left my cart sitting there by the car, walked to the little girl and just sat on the curb. When the mom reached us, she purposely dropped the baby carrier, (not real far from the ground as she was holding it down, but still there was a baby in it. She then kicked me in the shin. She was wearing flip flops so it didn't really hurt, but she kicked me. I was then so mad, but thought, this little girl can't see this. After about what seemed like forever of her cussing me out, and her grabbing the little girls hand and walking away, someone yelled that they called the police. Same person put her under citizens arrest, (whatever that means) and told her not to leave. That didn't matter. She left. Police didn't get there for 45 minutes. We took down the license number.

Not sure what is going to happen. We told the police everything we saw. Just sad. Haven't heard anything yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our family journey with autism

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County