Houzz Logo Print
rosemaryt_gw

Okay, I've never seen weather like this.

16 years ago

Today, we broke an 95-year-old record when our temperature went to 105 degrees. We're also having incredible humidity. My oversized central air can not keep up, nor can anyone else's.

Yesterday, I was driving in the car (in the midst of asphalt highways) and the car thermometer read 116 degrees. This is NORFOLK, VA where the weather is always tempered by the sea breezes. I understand the temps in Richmond (a little inland) were even worse.

And what's really troubling is this STARTED in late May. We've had the hottest, most intense heat wave this year that I've ever experienced.

I know that many areas are experiencing heat waves now, but our temps are running about 15 degrees above average - since late May. Anyone else experiencing record breaking heat - that just GOES ON - day after day after day?

Rose

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Whisler Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals