SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gneegirl

More minutes (hrs) in the day - Hooray! (But long)

gneegirl
14 years ago

Since my thyroidectomy and subsequent bout with Mega Hypocalcemia, I'm finally on the mend. Some of you have seen my post-op posts that I'm not smoking. Could that be the reason I have more time during the day now? I am amazed at how much time I have at the end of the day. I'm going to bed ealier (although don't sleep!!!), and I'm a lot more organized. My sister and I were talking about how upset I am at having to address things that were pre-surgery. I feel so different without my thyroid and it is really bothering me that I have to go back to some of those things. We teased that it was because my brain was finally getting some rest while I was under anesthesia for more than 2 hours. None of that stuff is important now. But seriously, I'm actually finding time during the day - like now, to sit down and read my book. Lets see - a packish a day equals 20ish cigs, at 2-3 minutes each, plus the time pondering before and after smoking; hmmm, that can add up.

Wish me luck guys - there is no way right now that I can smoke, even if I wanted to. My throat and vocal cords are pretty banged up right now so I'm not getting the addict thing yet. The dependency is trying to settle back in, but when it does I quickly find something else to do. I'm doing OK with that for now. I just have to keep at it for when I'm 100% and could smoke if I wanted to.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but had to share. I have too much time on my hands now!!

Hope everyone enjoyed and is savoring the last moments of our US July 4th holiday.

gneegirl

Comments (13)