SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joann23456

For "Outlander" fans ... and you SHOULD be one!

joann23456
10 years ago

Did you all see that Diana Gabaldon contracted with Starz to make "Outlander" into a series. They have an order for something like 13 episodes, with filming to begin in the fall.

And a couple of days ago, they cast Sam Heughan, a 6'3" Scottish actor, as Jamie Fraser. There's a huge debate going on online, with people saying he's "too pretty" and not burly enough (though Jamie's not described in the books as burly), so Diana Gabaldon went on social media to say, "I saw his screen test, and he *is* Jamie! And he looks just like Jamie, too." I guess people get an image in their mind and can't bend enough to see someone else in the role.

Here's a link to the Starz announcement page, and another picture that someone photoshopped to give Sam long red hair and make him look more Jamie-like.

I've also been following Twitter, and it's fun watching Sam Heughan getting a taste of what's about to befall him. He had about 1,000 followers a few days ago, and now he's got about 6,000. He seems to be having a lot of fun with it, responding to many people.

I'm so excited to see this finally happening! I'm sure it won't be exactly as I pictured, but I'm happy to see it finally being made.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (15)