SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonig_gw

New here and need advice

JoniG
12 years ago

Hello all, I have been reading this forum for quite a while and feel I know many of you. I rarely post, in fact forgot my password and had to re-register a few weeks back. So many of you are so knowledgeable, that I decided to come here to get some advice.

About 6 weeks ago, I went to my Dr for my yearly exam. During the exam, he ordered what I thought was regular bloodwork, (same as in past years). I scheduled an appointment and returned to his office on my scheduled day, and had the blood taken. (The blood-work is done in a different area of his office). Now I find out that he didn't send the blood-work to be processed by the same lab as in previous years, but it was sent to a different lab, where extensive blood panels were done. I found this out because I received a letter from my insurance company denying payment because the lab is considered to be out of net-work. The lab is billing my insurance company over $1,500.00 for the blood panels that were done. I can't afford this. I am on a very tight budget. In past years, my portion of the blood-work labs was $40.00. What can I do...my Dr never told me the bloodwork was being done by a different lab, nor did he tell me that this was going to do be extensive blood panels, not just your normal blood work. If he had, I would have verified with my insurance that this was covered, before having it done. Do I have any recourse ? I spoke with my insurance co, about 2 weeks ago and explained what happened, and they resubmitted it with my explanation, and today I received another letter saying it was still denied.

I don't know what to do next...Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals