SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lydia1959

Alisande... Raynauds and Fibromyalgia

lydia1959
15 years ago

I was doing some thyroid research today and found a link between Raynauds (which I think you mentioned having) and the thyroid hormone T3. T3 is also used by Dr. John Lowe in treating Fibromyalgia (and CFS) which I also thought you mentioned having a while back.

"There is evidence that T3 medication can help autonomic nerve dysfunction, which can be related to neurally mediated hypotension and other causes of chronic fatigue, as well as heart disorders. Here is one study:

Treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon with triiodothyronine (T3) corrects co-existent autonomic dysfunction: preliminary findings.

Test results showed a considerable improvement. ........Evidence of somatic neuropathy was present electrophysiologically in all 9 subjects and clinically in 8. Triiodothyronine may have corrected autonomic dysfunction by increasing blood flow to ischaemic peripheral nerves or by acting on the autonomic system more directly.

Author:

ÂGledhill RF ÂDessein PH ÂVan der Merwe CA

Address: Department of Internal Medicine

University of Pretoria, South Africa.

Postgrad Med J

1992 Apr

Volume: 68, 263 through 267

ISSN: 0032-5473 "

AND

"My research group has spent the past ten years studying fibromyalgia caused by thyroid hormone resistance. We have laboratory proof that about one third of the fibromyalgia patients weÂve evaluated and treated have thyroid hormone resistance. Our treatment results have forced us to a firm conclusion: For most fibromyalgia patients with thyroid hormone resistance, using plain T3 (as part of comprehensive metabolic rehab) is the only route to recovery. With the proper use of plain T3, 75% to 85% of these patients permanently recover. It will be tragic indeed if, despite our research findings, some resistance patients are blocked from taking this route to recovery by a well-intended but false idea that plain T3 is "a very bumpy road" to travel."

From the John Lowe Website

I don't have Raynaud's or Fibromyalgia, but am on plain T3 for my Hashimotos. Too soon to tell if this is going to work for me or not. It is a strong fast-acting hormone, so dose increases have to be taken slow.

Anyhow, sorry if I've got you mixed up with someone else! I've been known to do that. lol

Hope the info can help somebody.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors