SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nola_anne

ivamae's birds post got me thinking...

nola_anne
14 years ago

about birds I've 'known' in my life:

a sparrow that followed me to the garden every time I went out to it and he sat on a post and sang the entire time.

two bluebirds flitting around my back door on the day I left my lovely home to relocate...good luck? I don't know...I really miss that place and those times!

a heron that came to my pond every morning at 7 AM to fish and believe it or not I won a watercolor of a heron entitled: 7 AM at the Library Silent Auction...what a 'coincidence', eh?

a baby owl that fell from a tree at the elementary school house when I was in 4th grade...I'll NEVER forget that little fella! So WEIRD looking with those big eyes and head that rotates 360 degrees.

a wren that built several homes for his mate and how she kept throwing out the sticks he brought in to her...it looked so comical to see them flying out the little round door!

a baby robin that my young son actually caught in flight! what a feeling that had to be!

and...there are other critters I can't forget...how about any of you guys/gals? I love to hear these kinds of 'stories'...

nola anne

Comments (10)