SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemaryt_gw

When a friend dies suddenly...

rosemaryt
15 years ago

How do you wrap your mind around it? Someone very near and dear to me died suddenly. Here one minute, gone the next. It has rattled me to my core. He was 47 years old and seemed to be in remarkably good health.

He was my confidante and a dear friend. Everytime I think about talking to him, I stop and remember that he's gone now and then I start to cry (again). He wasn't someone I saw every day but he was very important and helped me through a very difficult time. For five years, he was a big part of my life.

He was a deeply religious man and lived a very full and active life and was devoted to helping others.

Do you think we leave early when we finish our life's work? Was he ahead of the curve because he was so self-less and devout and devoted? He was surely one of the most loving individuals I ever knew - and the most mentally balanced.

He was such a shining light in this world full of trouble and he really made a difference. Any thoughts or insights would be most welcome. I feel like a fool for being so weepy. I keep wanting to pick up the phone and call him and ask his advice, but I can't. He was always the one I turned to when the waves were too big for me to handle alone.

Comments (20)