SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
des_arc_ya_ya

Went to See My Uncle Yesterday

des_arc_ya_ya
15 years ago

or rather my DB and our spouses all did. He and my aunt live in the same house that they bought over 60 years ago. He'll soon be 90 and she's a couple of years older, I think. (Never heard how much older! LOL)

He's gotten to where, healthwise, he hasn't gotten to come "home" (back where he was raised) in a year or so, so we decided we needed to go see him. He and my DB talk on the phone a couple of times a week, or more.

When we left, my DB got up in the front seat with Twinkie and I could see him wiping tears like crazy from his eyes. He's really aged since we'd seen him last and it hurts. Nobody said a word and just gave him time to get it together on the way home. He's a very private person and it would have killed him for us to even comment about the tears.

He's our last uncle left from my dad's side of the family. There were ten sons. Told my DSIL that when he dies, my DB and I are not only gonna be mourning him, but all of the others, including our daddy. (My mom is the only one left on her side.)

It's sad to see all of the older generation die and leave us.

If you have older relatives that you care about, (or maybe not! LOL) a reminder to go and see them before it's too late.

Comments (10)