SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

e reader free books

OklaMoni
11 years ago

Ok I got my reader working now. Where do I go for any free books? It is a colby android.

Thanks jn advance

Comments (15)

• elaineinnj
    11 years ago

Have you tried Fenopy.com?

Elaine

• eileen101
    11 years ago

Can you download the free books for a Kindle? If so, I have lots of sites to send you!
    Eileen

• eileen101
    11 years ago

Can you download the free books for a Kindle? If so, I have lots of sites to send you!
    Eileen

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

Feedbooks.com
    I have gotten a lot from there I usually get the epub format but they also have kindle format.
    What ereader programs will you be using? If you are using kindle for android you need to go to pixel of ink I would subscribe to the daily list they have some great stuff, some
    are listed on the website but not all.
    The ereader program I use and prefer is
    aldiko which you can get free from any app
    store, you can read epub books with it. Go to any of the big book sites kobo.com, barnesandnoble.com, and do a search for free ebooks they all have them, same with amazon but those are for the kindle app. Google also has some at the google books site. I can post several more tomorrow from my computer, I am on my tablet in bed right now lol
    I suggest grabbing a few of the ereader apps see what you like best. I have kindle for android on here so I can read all my kindle books and I have aldiko and a couple other apps to read the other books. The majority I read are current bestsellers which I get in epub. You can also get books from the library using overdrive.

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am in bed right now too. Know nothing about apps. I have a dinosaur for a phone. I can not even take pics with it. But I know I have Aldiko.

Moni

• jannie
    11 years ago

I have an old (not Fire) Kindle. Amazon offers lots of free books. My local library offers free books, but bonly for The Nook. I'll try Fenopy.

• katlan
    11 years ago

So Moni, how are you making out with your new tablet? Do you like it? Is it what you thought it would be?

Can you surf, email, etc?

I know absolutely nothing about tablets or apps, so I'm no help there.

• nelles_gw
    11 years ago

Here is a site where you can both borrow books and lend books you have purchased. The site matches up borrowers & lenders. Look at the site's "FAQ" for any questions you may have.

I am currently on my second borrowed book. I don't usually have luck at my library because I mainly read mysteries, and my library doen't have the ones I want.

Not every book can been loaned/borrowed. You need to look at the "product details" on a book's Amazon site. It will say "Lending: enabled" if you can borrow/loan a book.

Here is a link that might be useful: BookLending.com

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    11 years ago

katlan said:
    So Moni, how are you making out with your new tablet?

This is the first trip I brought it on... oh, no, the second. First time, I could not get online. My son in law hooked me up here. I haven't gotten online at home yet. Need to try that again, when I get back.

Do you like it?

I actually bought it, cause I wanted to take it on the last biking trip, to keep up with my journal. I think, if I can figure out, how to get online at all free wifi places, I will like it for taking along instead of the big lap top.

Is it what you thought it would be?

Can't answer that one yet.

Can you surf, email, etc?

Yes, to email, reading at the KT, my daughters blog... etc. Typing is kind of a pain, and I haven't figured out copy and paste... or, who knows, it might not be possible?

Hope this answers a lot of questions for others too.

Moni (presently at her laptop)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

wait what does your phone have to do with it?

You want it for your new tablet right? To add apps is super simple, go to the app store, one had to come on your tablet it may be getjar on that one not sure just do a search on the app store for the app or just browse through them for ones you might like to try, download and install from there if you don't like it you can remove it. You can get the kindle app from most app stores and also from amazon, you will need to install the amazon app store app first then you can use their app store but you do have to have an amazon account set up so you can log in.

I recommend this guide to those new to android it really will help plus read the guide that is on your tablet for any specifics.
    The Complete Android Guide

one thing you do need to do is go into settings,applications, and check mark to allow apps from other sources/unknown sources so you can get them from places other than the one app store on your tablet.
    How To Install Apps on Android eReaders and Tablets

I am pretty sure it is getjar that comes on coby if so here is the link to the getjar store and the kindle app just go there using your tablet and hit the orange download button at the top for kindle it will then install to your tablet show you the progress and ask you if you want to accept say yes to all that then it will ask if you want to open it.
    The apps you use the most you can select to put on your front pages on your tablet so you don't have to scroll through all your apps to find them.

How To Get Free eBooks From Libraries Using Overdrive
    This blog is a great resource for any tablet users I would hang on to it and check it regularly he does also list free book sources.

a few other free ebook sources now since I am on my pc.
    Smashwords
    Visit Omnilit
    free ebooks
    free-online-novels.com
    Get Free Ebooks

If you would go to settings, look in the info about the tablet there and let me know what exact version of android you have it would help.

Plus if you have done so already be absolutely sure you have the tablet plugged in then go to the update tablet area in settings and check for the latest update to the system, they usually all have one waiting.

• cate52
    11 years ago

Pixelofinc.com is another site for regular free books... Amazon has a 100 free book list...

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

that should be pixelofink.com that is the one I mentioned earlier it is a great source for kindle books.
    Pixel of Ink

• juneroses Z9a Cntrl Fl
    11 years ago

Raven: In your first post on this thread, you mentioned you were on your tablet. I'm impressed because that post was fairly long. Are you an accomplished "thumb" typist or do you use a keyboard attachment while at home?

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Typing actually works ok on the tablet. :)

That is what I did this morning. I just haven't decided if I prefer the tablet horizontal or vertical for the typing.

Moni

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

I have been doing it a while so I am kind of used to it but I also have a special keyboard program on mine that guesses the words for you and it is very good at it so I usually just have to type one or 2 letters and then it pops up 3 options to choose from.
    on a smaller size tablet horizontal is better but mine is ok with the vertical which is how I usually use it.

and Moni you can do copy and paste it will tell you that in the link I gave about android, most versions of android are very similar but it is easier when you know which one you have. I don't remember if your tablet was 2.1, 2.3 , or 3.0.

Here is a link that might be useful: swift key