SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gmom74

Financial affairs

gmom74
12 years ago

We have investments in several companies and have an advisor who helps us with them. The company he is with is pushing him to have all his clients report ALL the money they have, whether in bank accounts, real estate, or other investments the advisor may not know about. It is our contention that this company the advisor is in has no business knowing about anything other than the investments that they handle for us. Supposedly they need to know in case of our suing them or having our family sue them (Huh?) for some reason- that was not explained. There is just something I don't like about that company- they would not accept my POA for my aunt (who was also invested through them) even though I told them no one else had a problem with it, not even the banks. It was for her financial affairs. I was also told that all companies in the U.S. were insisting on knowing everything their clients were involved in. So, I was wondering if any of you who have a financial advisor are being prodded to disclose ALL your income, savings, etc. This is just strange to me.

Comments (24)