SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

A little belatedly, about my trip to Yale.....(with pics)

11 years ago

Not surprisingly, it was a great weekend. I'm glad I stayed home on Thursday to give my cough one more day to calm down and give me a little more rest. I don't think I missed a lot, and two nights in the dorm was plenty. I could feel every hard outline of every spring on the bed, plus there was a lot of light and noise outside my window and in the hallway, etc. I didn't sleep a lot.

Here's a picture of the Class Dinner being set up under the long tent. My room was right in the center, the windows sitting on the tent in this picture. That night, heavy rain on the tents woke me at 3:00 a.m. with its huge noise.

Although I took 50+ pictures of the reunion attendees (for the class website), I didn't take that many of the Yale architecture this time. We had a lot of rain, and those I did take are on the dull side because of the cloudy conditions.

Here's the corridor leading from the street to the reunion. The big arrows were drawn on the floor in chalk for the classmates.

This bird knew how to take advantage of Yale's beautiful stone work. In this picture he's flown up to his nest with a stick in his mouth.

The open bar was a busy place. All the staff--the bartenders, servers, and students--were unfailingly friendly and helpful.

Like this cheerful gentlemen who presided over the steamed clams.

I wined, I dined, I talked, I listened. Dance and sang. Laughed a lot. Experienced a great deal of "connectedness"--one of my favorite words (and experiences). It was a great weekend.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!