SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprilflower71

Big step in our life

aprilflower
14 years ago

So this past weekend I took a HUGE step and moved myself and my son out of our house and into somewhere else. Those that know our situation know how volatile it had been in the past and it was getting even worse.

We're settled in for the most part. 90% unpacked, J has made new friends in the neighborhood, and we're adjusting.

I am very happy with the decision I made, and trust me, it was the *right* thing to do.

I am the kind of person that is great in a crisis - calm, collected, and decisive. It's afterwards that I fall apart, lol, and I'm not doing so hot right now. As happy as I am that we're out of a dangerous situation and my son is safe, I miss my dog horribly. She had to be left behind, and I know he'll take good care of her (he took better care of the dogs than he did us). It was the best decision, and I know this. It's silly, I know, but Penelope was my heart, and I helped deliver and hand-raise her 2 babies. I dreamed the other night that she was snuggled up against me and when I woke up she wasn't there. I'm heartbroken. And I'm angry for all of the "should-have-beens".

I know it's all part of the grieving process, the sadness and anger, but it doesn't make it any easier. I stay on the verge of tears most of the time lately and I hate it because I'm usually such a positive person.

I know there are others out there with more profound needs than ours, but if ya'll can spare a few prayers and good thoughts, we could use them.

Comments (46)