SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Real life 'The Big Chill.'

Oakley
11 years ago

But in a good way! This has to do with facebook meets The Big Chill.

I mentioned once when we were talking about whether we loved or hated FB, that I met up with some great friends again because of my brother's death, which was 2 yrs. ago this week.

In high school, my brother and I ran around with the same group of people. Peace, love and all that...kind of people.

After my brother died, phone calls from these people I haven't spoken to since I was 19 started coming in. One of the guys opened a private FB page for just our group, and we've been gabbing ever since. Not one person has changed except they all have respectable jobs now. One has his own working boat, one is an attorney, one is a horse racer...it's amazing!

They've had a few get togethers in Tulsa and I never went. I always made up one excuse after another. Even though I knew if I went it would be like time never passed.

My biggest excuse is that I have a lazy eye that goes bonkers after about an hour driving, so I couldn't make the trip on my own.

My old best friend from HS, whom I haven't seen since then, is coming to get me on Saturday, and I'll be spending the night with her! On a side note, I can't wait to see her house because she's a designer and runs an upscale antique shop in Tulsa. heh.

So basically, this will be a Big Chill party, all because of my brother.

If it wasn't for FB, none of this would have happened! People are coming from out of state, and all over OK.

Uh, can I lose 20 pounds by then? ;)

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida