SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bengardening

vacation some good and some bad

bengardening
10 years ago

On the thirteenth we went to Holland MI. It was so wonderful to see our DD and her family. On the sixteenth we left for Indianapolis. We went to the Zoo which we really enjoyed. The next day we went to the childrens museum that we really liked. Then before we left on the next day we went to the Firemans Museum. That was a joke. There isn't much there and noone to talk to us. We thought Dh would like it and he was disappointed.
We went back to Holland for the night and then we went up to Traverse City. All we did the first night was walk around down town. I liked that though it had some nice shops. The next morning we went up to the Mackinaw bridge. We didn't go across it though because there was construction on it. We took a ferry over to the Island. It was so nice and peaceful there.
When we got back to Holland on Friday I baked 2 rhubarb pies, 2 strawberry rhubarb pies, a small strawberry rhubarb crunch and a large rhubarb crunch for them plus making the pie crust. I had taken a pork roast out there and I made it for supper. It was so good.
Saturday morning we got up and made breakfast and we left right before noon. We had an extra car out there so we were both driving. When we got out there I got a toothache. My dentist called me a prescription in for Vicadin. I had been taking it for 5 days. We were still driving in Indiana on the way home. I fell asleep and ran into the back of a semi trailer that was moving in front front of me. The air bag went off. Thats what woke me up. I ccouldn't get out the drivers door so I crawled across the seat and got out and I started crying. My DH had stopped and the semi driver stopped. I kept saying I was sorry. It took a while for the wrecker to get there. We never had full coverage on that car. So we are just out of it. We will be sending them the title for it so it never cost us anything to have it towed/ We put everything in our other car and came home. I have a couple of bruises on my hand and one on my nose and my left knee is banged up. I feel like I came out lucky. I believe my guardian angel was watching over me. Maybe it also helped that I was praying for a safe trip before this happened. I never realized until that night how close a call that was. I had a hard time going to sleep after that. We got to Sioux CIty and got a hotel room for the night. The first room she gave us didn't even have the bed made. At 6 on Sunday Morning a couple was having a fight right next to us and in the hall. He locked her out and she kept pounding on the door. We decided then to just get up and leave. None of the places we stopped at to eat were very good.On Wednesday night we went to Subway and I had a Philly cheesesteak foot long. I had onions and 3 cheeses put on it after he ahd heated the beef. That was the best one I have tasted in a long time. All in all it was a good vacation though

Comments (11)