SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casey_nfld

Michael Jackson died!!

14 years ago

That's the breaking news I just read on Twitter, apparently he had a heart attack this afternoon.

Comments (91)

• 14 years ago

Yes Jodi, it is and thank you. It is cruel and hurtful. I can only hope that the day I face my maker that He is less judgemental.

What about his children? They have lost the only parent they have ever known.

• 14 years ago

Jodi, thank you for that post.

• Related Discussions

Michael Jackson memorial

Q

Comments (19)
    Graywings, Suppose you were worth half-a-Billion dollars, and let's suppose, God forbid, you were accused of molesting a child. You know you're innocent although to "outsiders" the circumstances seem suspect, but you know you are very much innocent. The slew of lawyers you hired are costing you millions for the defense of your Innocence, and in the meanwhile your image is being maligned in the media. Now let's suppose your attorneys "suggest" to you to simply pay the family a million dollars a year for 20 years, and this will put an end to the trial, the attorneys' fees, and the daily barrage of media coverage... Which would you choose? A million per year for 20 years is cheaper than the price of the media crucifying you daily. As for the child not testifying, if you knew you were lying about your child being molested, would you make your child "testify/lie" in a court-of-law? We usually see and hear only what we choose to, whether it's true or false. That's what I saw through all the media-hype. Remember the Don Henley song? "I Make My Living Off the Evening News." Read the lyrics. So sad, but soooo very true! The World Loves Michael Jackson, especially moi! : )
    ...See More

Sad day for the entertainment industry...

Q

Comments (2)
    Unbelievable. Farrah suffered so long, and poor Michael fought his own demons.
    ...See More

Michael Jackson died

Q

Comments (6)
    It took a long time to verify his death. So long that there are several KT posts about his passing. The longest thread(but of course, not the most important.....) is linked below. Whether you loved, hated or were ambivelent about Jackson, he was very famous man and had a long long career. My sorrow is for his poor children.... Here is a link that might be useful: Micheal Jackson
    ...See More

Best Michael Jackson CD ever

Q

Comments (15)
    That is an awesome CD you got there, Karen! I should would like one of those ;-). However, I did find a Michael Jackson CD this weekend at Walmart! They had three different ones but I got the one with all his Number One songs on it. This time I put my name on it just in case one of my kids borrow it, this way they will know it is their Mother's!! Enjoy, your CD :-) Deb
    ...See More
  • 14 years ago

Michael Jackson will always be remembered as one of the world's greatest entertainers.

RIP Michael.

• 14 years ago

Thanks Jodi and the others that have followed your comments with similar ones. As someone who has lost a child, a brother, and parents myself, I'm thinking about the mother, siblings and children of Michael today.

• 14 years ago

Thank you too Jodi. I admire him for his time on stage, working. He was a genuine artist and performer and brought joy to a lot of people.

I'll never judge him for what he did in his personal life. Nor anyone else that's in the public eye that's been accused of doing wrong. While their work is appreciated, they're not the be all, end all.

• 14 years ago

Thanks Jodi, well said!
    I don't care what you think of Michael Jackson, to come on minutes
    after his death is announced and call him names or start slamming him
    just shows no respect, or class!
    He had incredible talent and it is so sad.
    I hope, in death, he finds the peace he never seemed to find in life.

• 14 years ago

Although I love being a member of this MB, I must admit that I feel people here are very quick to judge others. I keep very busy maintaining my own life to the standards that I believe God has set for me and I find that I don't have the time or desire to judge others. Do I have personal opinions? Of course I do but I try to keep opinions that could be hurtful to others to myself, especially since there is a world of difference between opinions and facts. So, regarding Michael Jackson and the facts...he was one of the greatest entertainers that this word will ever know. So, I will bow my head and say a silent prayer for this great musical talent and ask God to finally give his troubled soul the peace that he deserves. For so many years, he has brought the joy of music into many hearts and for that, I am thankful. While I am speaking with God, I will also ask Him to forgive the people in this world that are so judgemental of others. Rest in Peace, Michael Jackson and thank you for all those wonderful songs!!!

• 14 years ago

Heard about it at work yesterday, him and Farrah Fawcett. Just makes me sad, he had so much talent. I grew up listening to and watching the Jackson Five and hope that all the child abuse allegations were just people trying to extort money from him, no one will probably ever know for sure.

• 14 years ago

"...A perverted creep"

"ÂI always thought he'd get killed by the irate parent of some young boy"

"ÂSorry for those who liked or loved him, but I feel like Monica PA....perverted creep would be my description too"

"ÂI won't miss him. Karma came around like someone else said"

"Âbut I also felt he was a pervert"

Wow. A few people at the KT are sure judgmental, ugly, and critical - apparently your lives are perfect so itÂs okay to spew cheap shots at others. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Was he eccentric? It sure seemed to be

Did he go to extremes to alter his appearance? Certainly

Did he surround himself with people who leached off him? Probably

With how the world is reacting to his death fortunately these ugly comments are in the minority.

Was he talented? Absolutely

Could he sing? Awesome voice

Could he dance? Incredibly

Â"Karma came aroundÂ"

My mama always taught me "If you canÂt say something nice, donÂt say anything at all."

Karma comes around to those who are cruel and hurtful to others. You know who you are.

• 14 years ago

Just another of many threads I'd just as soon see drop off.

While we are all certainly have different opinions, and are free to voice them here (Freedom of Speech), I too must add I too "hope, in death, he finds the peace he never seemed to find in life."

Thank you Jodi.

Sue

• 14 years ago

It is always sad when someone dies, especially someone with so much talent. I wish his family peace in the days to come.

As for those who couldn't pass up a chance to post a hateful comment...well, my mom used to always say, "Consider the source."

:-)

• 14 years ago

I remember MJ when he was a little kid, singing with his brothers. He had an Afro. Then as he got older, he got weird. The white skin, the nose surgeries. I'm sorry he's gone, all his songs were great and he was supposedly on the brink of a comeback. Too bad. I wish him and his family peace.

• 14 years ago

So true okwriter, so true!!!!!

• 14 years ago

I remember watching the Jackson 5 on the Andy Williams show...that's goes back aways. Like some of his music yes..never bought an album.

I feel for his children. Apparently so in debt,reportedly half a billion) his estate will have to pay. Not sure what's left for his kids, but sure the fight for custody will begin.

Actually, I'm sorry ..he's pushed Farrah off the front page. Wished she could have had a day to herself at least. She's inspired many with her courage.

• 14 years ago

On Tuesday, I was in Gary visiting my parent's graves. I thought "you should go by Michael's old house". But then I though "no, another time". Bad vibes all around.....

• 14 years ago

There are people the world over agreeing that he was talented but still was a sick puppy - just be cause he's dead doesn't lessen the damage he inflicted on others less able to defend themselves.

It's calling a spade a spade.

• 14 years ago

No, it's being judgemental, rude, crass, and disrespectful of the friends and family that are grieving for Michael Jackson. But then again I don't expect people that are bashing the dead to have compassion and see themselves as such. NancyLouise

• 14 years ago

CK, as okwriter's mom told her, "I'm considering the source." Geeze Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 14 years ago

More and more facts are coming out about his drug use and likely another OD death. It's easy to cover up a multitude of sins by wanting everyone to only "talk nice". It's sinful to set aside what he did to all those poor kids who are scarred for life and no, $25 million doesn't change that. Ignore facts, but quit deriding those poor kids just because you happen to like his music. Frustrating, but interesting.

As I said before, he had a horrible childhood. But what is so offensive is how all too many people want to condemn average people for potentially abusive situations yet just because someone is a "star" or is thought to have a lot of money, their deeds are glorified and their misdeeds are swept under the rug.

Certainly he'll be remembered for his music. He'll be remembered for his videos. He'll also be remembered for known drug use, (admitting to) giving booze (aka "Jesus Juice") to children and more that needn't be detailed. Some will discount the positives to hate him and others will discount the negatives to worship him. Not unusual.

It's ironic how the people who complain about people being judgmental, judge them! I've purposely held my tongue about this guy but I won't be able to hold it too long when people glorify and worship someone who many belive to be nothing more than a perverted sinner. Some also ignore how he cheated people, but critice Walmart.

• 14 years ago

" It's sinful to set aside what he did to all those poor kids who are scarred for life and no, $25 million doesn't change that. Ignore facts, but quit deriding those poor kids just because you happen to like his music."

He was found "not Guilty" on all 10 counts of Child abuse.

• 14 years ago

I would feel find judging him on his personal life if I felt I knew what his personal life was really all about and was sure he was guilty of the crimes people claimed he did --which I am not. Rumors, speculations and opinions have a way of becoming truths in some people's minds. I've just never been 100% convinced of the child molestations, etc. If parents sell their kids out for settlement money, I'm not so sure I'd fully trust those parents to begin with.

He's a great musician and performer... his personal life is probably far from perfect, but so are most people's in the entertainment business. I rarely respect someone "personally" in the spotlight today... I generally only respect their art or talent anyway.

• 14 years ago

Perhaps the Enquirer and the Globe are the source of information people are using to bash him.

• 14 years ago

People die everyday; I don't see why MJ is elevated to near perfection when he clearly had to pay a young boys family MILLIONS of dollar to settle a case out of court accusing him of sexual perversion. Now they're saying that since he's dead we may hear some details on that.

Countless people have overcome hardship and even abuse in their early childhood years. Michael, with all his money did not seem to "deal" but created even more problems. He clearly didn't even like his own face!

I feel much sorrier for Farrah. She really suffered, and do so with dignity. I don't think you'll see any skeletons come out of her closet. As for Michael....here we go!

• 14 years ago

"just be cause he's dead doesn't lessen the damage he inflicted on others less able to defend themselves. " and similar posts...

Just whom did he inflict damage on? He was found not guilty of anything he was charged with. If you suspect guilt because of the settlements, think of the corporations who settle lawsuits just to make the nuisance go away. I respect MJ's talent very much although I was never what you'd call "a fan" nor did I buy any of his music. But gee - it's not "calling a spade a spade" as said above, when there was a decision that it's not a spade!

Was he weird? Absolutely. Mentally ill? Probably. A man-child who never had a childhood, with a reportedly abusive, monster father. Did he harm anyone? Not according to people who know way more about it than we do. I never read anything about MJ judging people - such as I see first hand here.

I expect that God is welcoming MJ into his kingdom and comforting his soul.

Suzieque

• 14 years ago

It never fails. When there's a controversial subject here, and a stupid comment is made by someone, all their friends decide to come and post. People you never see post any other time. Like they go round up their posee.

I agree with the majority. He was talented. Very talented. Like my 9 year old DGD said, "I liked him better black." It seems the whiter he got, the weirder he got. He did fight his own demons. He was never found guilty of molesting anyone, but I wonder. If he did, he'll answer to Someone much bigger than any of us. I'm not his judge, or his jury. If he did, may he burn in hell. I am sorry for his family.

I'm also sorry for Farrah Fawcett's family. I'm sorry MJ's death is the only one your hearing of. She's the one who fought so hard for her life. I know she's now out of pain. I don't think bashing anyone after their death serves any purpose.

• 14 years ago

He was talented, even though not my cup of tea exactly. As far as guilty....even he admitted on tv that he liked to sleep with little boys in his bed (I believe he said that was LOVE) EEEW. He didn't admit to sexual deviency but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....it's a duck. The rich are well aware that they can buy their way out of a trial and tha is EXACTLY what happened.

And what was with that nose or lack thereof? Ick! What sane person does that to their face?

BTW, I've posted on KT many times and been on gardenweb for years. No one sent me here. If you only want "nice" posts than the OP should have requested that. I am just being honest.

• 14 years ago

Just add me to Cynic and Leslie! You both said it well! Kathy

• 14 years ago

It gets weirder and weirder. He had a cardiologist living with him?? He was addicted to painkillers and these creepy doctors who love to hang with the famous gave him his oxycontin and other drugs. He even forcasted his own demise to his then wife Lisa Presley. He was a tormented soul and I'm sorry he can't go on this last great tour and prove he still had it. Watching the videos made me realize he was an exceptional entertainer. Really mimics Elvis's life.

• 14 years ago

I am only focusing on the talent he had in the 80s. Brilliant. Yes, there is more. We all know there is. RIP, Michael.

Sheryl

• 14 years ago

Jenni said it well: "He had incredible talent and it is so sad.
    I hope, in death, he finds the peace he never seemed to find in life."

• 14 years ago

Exactly.

• 14 years ago

O.J. was found "not guilty" in a court of law also. Michaels "not guilty" verdict doesn't hold any water with me. I just cannot get over the fact that in my heart of hearts I believe he is a child molestor. As such, when I hear of him, see his plastic, distorted face or hear of him my stomach turns. It doesn't matter how much how talented he was, or O.J. was. They both had money and talent but I believe commited unpardonable crimes.

• 14 years ago

I watched the MJ trial every day on court TV.
    I was fascinated by it.
    I heard the testimony, saw evidence that they collected, and MJ's antics.

And that is when I began to abhor the person.

• 14 years ago

Well said Cynic.

I don't see how anyone can worship or hate someone they have never met.

As far the rest is concerned I believe he is guilty of pedophilia. The first time I heard of about the accusations in the news, someone came forward and said they paid off a couple of kids while Jackson was still living in his parents home. According to the person Michael was not suppose to be left alone with children.

• 14 years ago

I find it facinating that people keep trotting out "he was found not guilty!!!" yet TOTALLY IGNORE that he ADMITED he gave alcohol to minors, many not even teenagers. In what state do these people live where giving alcohol to minors is NOT illegal? I can only think of one. And it isn't Californny. Oh, but that's right, if you're not convicted, then it didn't happen. Tell that to Bonny Bakely, Nicole Brown, Ron Goldman and more. They'll be glad to hear they're not dead.

I'm wondering what the posts would be if someone's neighbor gave their kids booze. A neighbor who hasn't sold any records. For those who don't know, "not Guilty" does not mean it didn't happen. I'm starting to fear for the safety of a lot more children than just those of Jacko.

• 14 years ago

Good music, and from what we've seen in the media, bad person.

"True tolerance is not a total lack of judgment. ItÂs knowing what should be toleratedÂand refusing to tolerate that which shouldnÂt. -CC"

Blessings,
    Haley

• 14 years ago

I have never seen or heard anything that said he ADMITTED to giveing Alchohol to minors. That was an accusation. Not proven fact and not admitted to.

There were alot of accusations but if you just do a little research on the accuser and his Mother, you will see thay were far from scrupulious.

The article below was written by an Attorney and is very interesting. Note how many celebrities this Mother tried to extort money from.

Here is a link that might be useful: Attorneys View and Opinion

• 14 years ago

Thank you Magic. It's important to be reminded of the actual facts of the case, I think. There are con artists everywhere, and they raise their kids to be that way- I see it all the time. MJ was particularly vulnerable, because he made very poor choices. He really was a lost soul, I hope he's at peace now.

• 14 years ago

We will never know if the parents who were paid off to drop their cases were lying or truthful. Michael was obvisously mentally unsound to think it was o.k. to share his bed with young boys, but whether he did more than reading stories and sharing cookies and milk as he claimed, is something only he, the children and God will ever know for certain.

Some lawyers advise their clients to accept a plea bargain for a crime they insist they did not commit, because it alleviates the risk of a potentially long prison sentence in the event that they are somehow found guilty at trial. We all know that some innocent people are falsely accused and some guilty people get away with crimes. Unfortunatley, the law is not always foolproof when it comes to trials and determining innocence or guilt.

Although many of Michael's actions (such as holding his child on a balcony, upside down by the foot) certainly showed terrible judgment, they do not automatically make him a child molester. If in fact Michael was actually innocent of those charges, then God forgive all those who persecuted him on the basis of malicious false accusations. If indeed he was guilty, those who believe in an after life know he will now be judged for his sins.

During the time of the molestation trials, McCauley Culkin insisted that during the hundreds of hours Michael had spent with him in his childhood, that he had never once done anything innapropriate. It will be interesting to see if anything to the contrary is revealed now. My prayers are with Michael's family and children, who will miss him terribly. If any children were victims of child molestation at his hands, then my prayers are also with them, that they will have the strength to overcome what they suffered and not continue the cycle of abuse to any other children.

• 14 years ago

>> such as holding his child on a balcony, upside down by the foot)

What???? Where in the world did that come from. He held the baby ("Blanket") with one arm around his waist so his fans could see the child. I don't condone that at all, and think it was a dangerous act, but "upside down by the foot"? That's the gossip game gone wild!

• 14 years ago

I feel for his family and for Farrah's family. I only own one song of his that I used to play on my show. I, unlike so many others, don't feel the need to jump on the bandwagon and rush out to buy his music.

My theory, right or wrong, is that if you were accused of something wouldn't you fight tooth and nail to prove your innocense? Would you pay off someone with the money you worked hard for just becuase someone wants to get rid of the nuisense? Not me.

Rest in Peace Michael for the worst is yet to come with the media.

SamKaren
    your resident DJ

• 14 years ago

suzieque, thanks for the correction. I was not intending to spread false gossip, but made a mistake confusing that past incident with Michael with a recent news photo of a lady holding her infant upside down by the foot. Apologies for the error.

• 14 years ago

Hi pickyshopper - in reading my post, I sound really harsh; sorry, didn't mean to be.

• 14 years ago

Some things are so serious that you need to pay heed to the rumors even if the person never went to court.

I was sitting with a couple of women discussing restaurants in town. One of them mentioned a "certain" restaurant and I told them that the owner was thought to be a pedophile. A waitress who worked there for years told me he was taken to court for molesting a child. One woman said, why would you say that about someone who was not found guilty in a court of law? I said, "because he had over night parties for kids at his home". Now why would a bachelor do that. I said rumors or truth, it doesn't matter, would you let your grand kids stay overnight there, even if it was a rumor and unproven in court. The other lady said, "my grandchild went to one of those parties". She was white as a sheet and said I wish I had known about the rumor.

• 14 years ago

I didn't want to start a new MJ thread because people may be getting tired of it, but I do have a question.

Michael couldn't have been taking care of the children himself, could he? Wasn't there one or more nannies to care for them with the day-to-day care children need? If so, did the nanny go with them to grandma's house? I hope so because that would provide some addtional stability in their lives. Also, Grandma will need help. I just haven't heard anything about this.

Susan

• 14 years ago

I'm not sure, but I believe it was going to be arranged for the nanny to continue caring for them at Katherine's house.

• 14 years ago

Did they ever bury the poor guy?

• 14 years ago

Not that we know about.

• 14 years ago

Did you hear they found out why Michael Jackson died?

He ate a five year old weiner!

• 14 years ago

Michael Jackson died.

Now I think this thread should!

Sue

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES