SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilliepad_gw

Should I feel guilty?

lilliepad
15 years ago

DGS and his GF have been staying here for almost a month.He is 24 and she is 19.He has been helping DH with some work around the property and has been a lot of help for which we are grateful.They have had very little money,only what she is making at a waitressing job so we have basically been feeding and boarding them.Last night they came home from a trade Days event and GF came and asked me if there was an old rag that he could use to clean an aquarium.I asked her what he was putting in the aquarium and she smiled and said,"I'll let him tell you that." and left.They finally came in the house and asked him what he put in the aquarium and he said,"A snake." I think a python or maybe a boa I'm not sure.Anyway,I said no way was he having a snake in my house and he said he guessed they would just go to his sisters.I said,"Whatever" and they packed up and left.He couldn't believe I was "being so mean" about the snake and thought I should just let him keep it.I told him he should have called me and asked before getting the snake and I would have said "NO" and that would have been the end of it!LOL He also said that when he is in Afghanistan in a few months and maybe dies that I would feel bad that things were left this way just because of a snake.DD (his mom) calls DH this morning saying she doesn't know where DGS is,can't get him on his phone,he isn't at his sisters and she thinks I was being too picky about the snake! Did I do the right thing or is everyone else right?LOL

Comments (37)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County