SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trinitytx_gw

My sister is the best.....tribute to Dirty_fingernails

trinitytx
14 years ago

She just called me, and I had to clear the tears before I posted.

She loves to go to garage sales. Even when I went up there during her cancer treatments, we went to sales on the weekend. I love them too, but especially when I am with her.

She is having a garage sale, and has so much stuff, that it won't even all fit in her driveway. They are downsizing, and are even selling their 1 year old pool with all the fixin's. Thank goodness she lives in a cul-de-sac.

She is going to give all the proceeds to Relay for Life.

I just started crying. She has got to be the most thoughtful, most caring person I have ever known.

She called the local Longview Washington paper in town to place an ad, and told them she wanted it to say that all proceeds were going to the Relay for Life.

They asked her to hold, and transferred her to another department. They want to do an article on the garage sale in the paper. Is that awesome or what?

She is so excited to be able to do this to help find a cure for cancer.

And if that is not enough, she is now a volunteer for the American Cancer Society in her small town of Longview. She will help patients in their early stages of diagnosis, and speaks with them about the road ahead.

She is such an inspiration, I just had to share. Her heart is so big, and she wants to help others find peace while dealing with cancer and its treatments. God Bless her.

I have included a link, please watch the video. It is so inspiring.

She will be holding her sale July 10th - 11th, and I have asked her to hold it in special memory for Dir_ty fingernails, who just most recently lost her battle with cancer. So to Radio Dok, Dottie and family, this one is for you.

Trin

Here is a link that might be useful: Relay for Life

Comments (7)