SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Busy Weekend in Windsor

Cherryfizz
14 years ago

There is so much going on in the City of Windsor this weekend.

Right now I am hearing the Red Bull Air Race planes doing their practice runs over my house. Kind of neat to watch them do their loops and I love the buzzing sound they make. The race is set over the Detroit River in the downtown area but I am East of downtown near the river where pilots are making their turn arounds. Race starts tomorrow and again on Sunday.

Windsor is trying to put on its best face despite an 8 week outside workers strike which includes garbage pickup and landscape workers. Windsor is none to pristine right now and our once many beautiful gardens have now turned into fields of weeds. Tempers are flaring between picketers and the public who want to clean up the gardens and take their own trash away to private dump sites.

We also have the Carousel of Nations by the River. Windsor's ethnic communities showcase their food, traditions and entertainment. I love the dancers and of course the food. Next weekend Villages open up around the City. I will make my annual stop at the Greek Village to get my flaming cheese. Sooo good.

Celtic Festival is at Windsor Armories. Anywhere the Scots and English gather in Windsor there is sure to be lots of beer, Guinness, and music.

Corvette Show in nearby LaSalle. They lost their spot in Dieppe Gardens to the Red Bull Air Race this year. I love looking at the older Corvettes.

Can't forget Father's Day on Sunday. Ever since my Dad died in 1984 my childhood friend's Dad became my "adopted" Dad so I was always invited to their Father's Day celebrations. Mr. Moore passed away 2 years ago and Kathy and her Mom still celebrate the day to honour his memory and of course my own Dad's. We drive to Leamington to a nice restaurant near Point Pelee National Park and have a perch dinner. This tiny restaurant has the best coleslaw I have ever eaten and the perch is delicious. We are always too full to have dessert which Mr. Moore would never pass up. LOL

I am having company this weekend-LOL if I can call my sister company so I won't be partaking of the wonderful activities Windsor has to offer. I can see the Red Bull planes from my backyard and go to the Carousel Villages next weekend. I informed her I was going out on Father's Day as plans were already made so she can continue to stay here or go home. I am having Marjorie here to get her mind off her impending surgery June 24. She has had a lot of ups and downs since her cancer diagnosis and some of it wasn't good news. This is the first time I have seen her not so confident about any medical condition or treatment she has had and she really believes this time she won't make it. That concerns me because she has been through a lot medically all her life and never has she felt like this.

What is going on in your city this weekend or what are your plans?

Anne

Comments (10)