SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohsoblue77

Busy Weekend coming up - and good news

ohsoblue77
13 years ago

Good day my fellow bluebirders.

I was gone as usual until the afternoon when returning home noticed someone perched atop one of the paired boxes - Mr. Bluebird! And guess who was perched atop the opposite box? Yup, you guessed it, a Tree Swallow.

I watched Mr and Mrs blue and they are staying nearby. I just love to see it after losing the other female. The birds appear to have their chosen boxes...and guess what...no fighting b/w the two! I've only seen the swallows fight their brethren who want to nest. The bluebirds and swallows seem like they will nest next to each other peaceably.

I have HOSP to trap in two compartments in my neighbor's martin box, and both boxes at my other trail with HOSP to trap. It's gonna be a busy weekend! And the weather forecast looks AMAZING FINALLY here in Ohio. 60 and sunny tommorow...82 on sunday!!!!! And thunderstorms! And even after it cools down we're supposed to hit 60 again. I don't know about what you guys think....but to me it feels like nest building is gonna be VERY soon! Looking like the nesting season is just about to get heated up! Can't wait! Love it!

Tim

Comments (2)