SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
satine_gw

Update on missing daughter

satine_gw
13 years ago

Good afternoon. I think some of you might be interested in what little information I have to pass on regarding my daughter. I had no choice but to file a police report (a second time), see the comissioner and finally file charges with the State's attorney so that I might have a chance of finding my daughter and also not being responsible for the car. Whoever is driving the car will be charged (if stopped) with unauthorized use of a car and theft over 5,000. This was the hardest thing I've ever done but I know it was the only option. I am hoping that if she is found and charged she might be able to get some help. I am trying very hard to keep the faith that she is alive. I have a hard time accepting that during all this time she hasn't called me or her sisters. Please say a prayer for us. With all of this going on I have also moved. My house went up on the market the day before she disapeared and sold quickly so there was no second guessing that decision. I found a smaller home that I think I will be comfortable in and have completed the move. I think my stress level is way off the charts so Im trying to keep my mind busy and have actually been able to do alot of reading which helps. Again, thanks for all the support you ladies and gents have given me. Satine

Comments (41)

• suzieque
    13 years ago

Thanks for the update, Satine. I cannot imagine what you are going through - the stress, the worry, the disappointment.

Did you say a while back that your daughter had posted to her Facebook page? That would be good news. And regarding your move, were you able to keep the same phone number in case she does try to call you eventually?

Hugs to you -

Suzieque

• trinitytx
    13 years ago

So glad you posted,and really glad you filed the report. You have to do what is best for everybody concerned. Don't even try and second guess yourself, you have done the right thing. I am happy to hear you have gotten your move done, and can settle in for a while. Keep us posted!

Trin

• Related Discussions

Update on daughter

Q

Comments (20)
    This IS good news! She beat the infection! You're giving her her best shot at fulfilling her potential for a real life! She'll be starting where she left off, mentally and emotionally, when she became an addict. The facility will get her grounded and started in the right direction. She has a lot of years of catching up to do, all the while fighting the 'easy' way out of having to grow up. We have to hope she is up to the challenges. You are right, this is 'a beginning' for her to grasp and hold onto. She has a family to love her and support her positive steps toward becoming her own, adult person.
    ...See More

UPDATE on my Daughters Apt Furniture

Q

Comments (14)
    Yes, I did tell her this was my choice, and she seemed surprised! She thought I liked one leather couch and one of the fabric. I thought that with a smaller room, the same cohesive look would be best. BTW - The fabric in these photos look like a crushed velour or faux suede when the fabric is actually a slightly nubby/heavy linen look fabric. Thanks for all the support and kind words! Our next project is to find a large basket to keep all those pillows in when they are not needed to look pretty. ;)
    ...See More

Update - Daughters bedroom done, well almost!

Q

Comments (15)
    I am also not a purple fan, but that is really beautiful. And perfect for a growing girl. The black and white with the purple is so sophisticated. I hope you can convince her to not add posters everywhere again (coming from someone who was never able to accomplish that; they didn't come down until after college when she decided she wasn't moving back home).
    ...See More

UPDATE: Daughter House Painted

Q

Comments (21)
    You know what...I believe I will wait and start a new thread, "Part 2 the Interior" at a later date. I still need to take a few photos of the AFTER. Below is a link to the Nursery thread. But before you head over there, here is what the room looked like before. Here is a link that might be useful: Nursery
    ...See More
  • debo_2006
    13 years ago

Wow...how did I missed your original posts? I just got caught up upon doing a search on your name when I saw this latest one. I literally got sick to my stomach as I read them.

I hope and pray that she contacts you soon at least to let you know she's okay. I can't imagine what you are going through. I hope the investigator finds something out soon.

Please keep us updated. ((((HUGS))))

• country_bumpkin_al
    13 years ago

Sometimes we have to do things we don't really want to do...to get the results we hope to get! I think you've done the right thing filing the report! I can't even imagine what you are going through..but you know you have a lot of thoughts & Prayers. I hope you were able to keep your same phone number!!

Please keep us updated!

• firemanswife
    13 years ago

I missed the original post also.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I can't even begin to imagine the nightmare.

Please keep us posted!

• Georgysmom
    13 years ago

Thanks for the up date. I wanted to suggest you report the car stolen on your original post but in your state of mind, I don't think you were ready for that. I am so glad you filed a police report. If that's what it takes to find your daughter and get help for her, so be it. It's like Michael Douglas said when his son was sent to jail.....it just might be what saves his life. This just might be what saves your daughter's life. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

• gadgets
    13 years ago

Thanks for the update, Satine. This has to be so hard on you. I'm glad you got moved okay. I know you were concerned about moving and she wouldn't be able to find you. Are you in the same town, and do you still have the same phone number? That might help.

Shirley

• kacram
    13 years ago

((((((Satine)))))))

• chisue
    13 years ago

You 'sound' better.

You've managed to sell one house, find another, and complete the move. You've 'coped'. You have also taken the only action open to you to try to find your daughter. We'll all be hoping to hear that the police find the car quickly and that it leads to finding your girl.

Keep on keeping on. This may take a while. Breathe. Let time pass. Take care of yourSELF -- because that's all any of us can really DO.

• petaloid
    13 years ago

Thank you so much for the update. I hope the police can help locate her, and whatever happens, that she is safe.

• joyfulguy
    13 years ago

I too hope that your daughter is safe and well.

It truly is heartbreaking when the relationship with loved ones gets shattered like this.

(((((Satine)))))

ole joyful

• ronm80
    13 years ago

Satine, I am praying for you and your daughter.

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

I also am praying for you and your Daughter .

• trishaw
    13 years ago

Sending up prayers for you all Satine. I am so very sorry.

Trish

• donna_oh
    13 years ago

Keeping you & your DD in my prayers-

Donna (^_^)

• heather_on
    13 years ago

Sending you a hug and to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. If you have a forwarding address with the post office then your daughter will always be able to find you that way as well. I don't know how it works in the States but in Canada, we can keep paying every few months to have our mail forwarded. Make sure your name is in the phone books as well.

• juellie1962
    13 years ago

When I say the title of your post, I was hoping to see that you had found your daughter! I think of you so often and hope you have good news very soon!

• joann23456
    13 years ago

I missed your original post, too. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter and all you've been going through.

• kathyg_in_mi
    13 years ago

Keep the faith, you are strong and doing the right thing.
    Kathy G in MI

• satine_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. To answer a few questions---I do not have the same home or cell numbers. I am in a different county so had to change home number and cell was turned off because it was in daughters name and bill unpaid. Verizon would not allow me to take over the account so I have my own now which is probably better. My daughter knows the cell numbers of her sisters and of course all of her friends so if she wants to or is able she can reach someone who will help her. Again, thank you for all your concern. Nothing is worse than not knowing. Satine

• gadgets
    13 years ago

Thanks for answering those questions, Satine. I pray that someday very soon you have your prayers for her answered.

Shirley

• sjerin
    13 years ago

As for "keeping the faith that she is alive," I think you have every reason to believe that she is. If she had died, you would have been notified--I'm under the impression that authorities make every effort to do so. I'm a champion worrier and sometimes when my mind is working overtime, I remind myself of this. (I worry too much about car wrecks.) I keep thinking of and praying for you and your daughter, Satine. Is there a support group you could maybe join? I'm thinking alanon or or the equivalent for parents of children with a drug abuse problem. Thanks for keeping up with us.

• jannie
    13 years ago

I feel so bad about this. I'll keep up my prayers that she turns up safe.

• orie
    13 years ago

I, too, missed the original. Oh boy! I am so sorry you are going through this. I cannot imagine how crazy with worry you must be.... Will pray for her safety and your peace.

• grinch_gut
    13 years ago

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

• satine_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Please keep me in us in your prayers. I just received a call about an hour ago telling me that my daughter has been picked up in DC and the car will be towed and impounded. The officer said once they knew where the car would be they would call me. I asked him to be sure it was actually her and he said she had her college id. I am just waiting by the phone (at work since this is the only number the police have) crying and trying to get a grip. Im so scared for her and Im sure she is terrified. Prayers please. Satine

• lydia1959
    13 years ago

(((Satine))) Nothing is worse than not knowing. I agree. I hope you get some news soon that she is alive and well.

• chisue
    13 years ago

Whew! Got her!

Now...you know she's going to have some tall tales to tell you. Try to remember that this person you're dealing with today is not the little girl you raised. Be on guard. What are your conditions/options here? If she wants *anything* from you she's going to have to *earn* your respect all over again. This is the best way to LOVE her, to show her a path. You can't make her take it. Do not give her anything -- no money, no new phone, car, whatever. Can she get into any drug program -- perhaps be assigned to one by the court?

I'd bring her sisters into any negotiations. They may be able to see what a mother can't.

• gadgets
    13 years ago

Maybe now you can get some answers to your many questions. I pray that this be a turning point for your daughter. How far are you from DC?

Shirley

• alisande
    13 years ago

Oh, wow--this is wonderful that they found her!!! Sending best thoughts and hugs, Satine. Please continue to update us.

• petaloid
    13 years ago

Thank goodness!

• joann23456
    13 years ago

Thank God she's all right, and you have my hopes and prayers for all the work ahead.

• chisue
    13 years ago

Please think very carefully before you bail her out, if that's an option. I assume she'll be charged with theft of the car -- and that you may be able to 'drop the charge'. Don't be hasty. Be strong enough to do what's necessary even if that's hard. You must be the adult here.

• country_bumpkin_al
    13 years ago

Thank God they've found her! Of course she's terrified..but somewhere in the back of her mind, she had to know that something like this could happen...so she shouldn't be too surprised! I'm Praying that this is a turning point for her. When all this is over and she's got her head on straight...she'll more than likely thank you for what you did FOR her!

Will continue to keep you both in my Prayers! Hopefully you can sleep tonight..knowing she's safe!

• mariend
    13 years ago

Just keeping the family in my thoughts and prayers for wise decisions by all involved.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    13 years ago

I am so happy they found your daughter! She is safe. Sleep peacefully tonight. You can worry about tomorrow when tomorrow gets here.

Sharing a little secret.... oldest son had some troubles about 10 years ago. My most peaceful days were those he spent in jail. He was safe.

• trinitytx
    13 years ago

Woo Hoo!!! I couldn't be happier for you.
    It may be a long road ahead, but she needs to own up to you first. What she has put you through is not fair, and she should not be praised for her actions in any way.

Glad she is alive and well.

Trin

• Georgysmom
    13 years ago

If she's on drugs, I doubt that she's going to realize that you did this out of love. You know why you did it and that's what matters. Be strong and I hope all turns out well.

• kacram
    13 years ago

I'm so happy they found her!

• jemdandy
    13 years ago

You did not say how old your daughter was. If she is of age, this modifies the term missing. She may have simply just gone away to get some space. However, you will be kept in our prayers.

If she is of age, it changes the charges in regard to the theft of your car. filing it as theft was the proper thing to do. Taking it without permission is a big no no (and she knows it). Do you suspect there is another party involved, say a guy. Maybe it was him who took the car.

On the other side of the coin, she could have taken the car for simple trip near home and met with accident. I suppose that did not happen. Another scenario was that she 'borrowed' the car for simple shopping trip and got car jacked. I suppose you know more about the situation than tou are revealing and hopefully, that probability is low.

You must be beside yourself with worry. However, I'd be really ticked off with the loss of my car as well as worried about the person.

• chisue
    13 years ago

Jem -- Satine's DD is an adult. She has been missing since around Easter, when Satine spoke with her and she claimed to have attended a job training. The DD has stolen from her mother and aided a boyfriend's theft. Satine has had to put her DD out of the house. Satine has two older DD's living nearby. This girl could have contacted her sisters or her mother, or friends, but she did not.